Toyota Nation Forum banner

Good suspension shop in Houston

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  phitat 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a shop in Houston that will do a good job on installing some springs on my 2011 Camry LE. I've been looking around and searching online forums but all I've found are shops that only specialize in Hondas. Bimmers, Camaros,etc. So if anyone know a shop in Houston that can do a good job on my Camry please let me know. I very much appreciate it. Oh, and I know there's SW Alignment that does pretty good work but I just want some alternatives. Thank you and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

#2 ·
Not to deter you from having someone else to do it, but I had no knowledge of suspension components and did mine (by myself) in five hours. Just need the right tools.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a PDF of whole procedure I can send to you.On the tools, there is a thread in here. Might want to check out the how to's.

From what I remember,
Floor Jack
Jack Stands (2)
Torque Wrench (I had 3/8 and 1/2" drive)
Spring Compresssors (you can get these at an auto parts store as a rental) Pay a deposit and then get it back once you return the tool
Little piece of 2x4 to place between the jack stand and whatever you are lifting.
Misc sockets. Gonna need larger size MM sockets for the suspension bolts.
Breaker bar (absolutely need this)
Helps if you have a vise mounted on a table somewhere as it makes it easier to hold the strut and spring assembly whlie you are compressing and decompressing the spring.Not sure what tools you have. I didn't have jack stands, torque wrenches, or breaker bar but you can never have enough tools.

Reactions: phitat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.