Toyota Nation Forum banner

Check Engine, Traction Control and VSClights all on

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Eye8Pussies 
#1 ·
I was driving normally and all the above lights came on at once. Car is an '06 Solara convertible and is well maintained with all fluids recently changed. I am thinking it is the computer control that may have burned a chip or something.

Any ideas before I squander a fortune at the dealer?

#2 ·
try resetting the ecu or pulling the battery to see if the lights go away first

occasionally, ecu's can have a "hiccup" and set of warning lights for no reason ( at least occasionally on some of the older toyotas).

If the light comes back, get your CEL checked to see what code it is. If it's setting off your VSC as well as your traction control, it may be a transmission solenoid code. Back in the day, my 00 solara had an intermittent issue with one of the tranny solenoids and when it came on, the traction control will then also be turned off. They didn't have VSC back then, but otherwise, I'm sure that it would have probably come on too if it had

#5 ·
good luck :thumbup:

chances are that it may come back again though, and if it does, get the code scanned so that you will at least know what it is.

I know that in the end, I kept resetting everything and eventually the light never came back on either. guess that solenoid problem fixed itself :p:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.