Toyota Nation Forum banner

mn's Update Thread

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mn011890 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have been on this forum since 2008 when I got the car, but I am just now making this thread. I drive a 2008 Camry 4-cyl 5-spd. I don't have any pics of it lowered on photobucket yet, those will come later tonight hopefully :D

Current Mods

Exterior:
-SE grille
-added factory lip spoiler
-35% tint all around w/ 5% visor on windshield
-Konig Heatsink wheels 18x8 +35
-225/45/18 Kumho Ecsta 4x tires
-painted engine cover, fusebox cover, and some accessories
-plastidipped emblems

Interior:
-Pioneer AVH-P2300 double din in dash DVD
-3m carbon wrapped console pieces
-purple neon tubes under dash wired to headlights (kinda rice...but i like it:D)
-red neon tubes spliced in place of trunk light

Engine/Suspension/Performance:
-DC sports header (from scion tc. also deletes first cat)
-custom exhaust from the header back (2.25 pipe including down pipe)
-vibrant muffler, vibrant high flow cat, and vibrant high flow resonator
-TRD clutch kit
-Weapon R short ram intake
-BC Racing coilovers
-UR strut bar

Future Mods
-UR rear sway bar
-im thinking a bit of nitrous :eek:
-new wheels

here she is the day i brought her home :D

a friend of mine edited this one for me

import faceoff 2009

I will try and post more pictures later on of it lowered and the underhood stuff. I do want to say though that I have learned a lot from this forum and a lot of my inspiration for mods comes from you guys. so :thanks:

See less See more
#6 ·
Can you take a picture of the Engine cover? I like that color lol. I need to get some ideas on painting mine either 2 or 3 tone.

also ur update threads name is MN, which raised my hopes of another Camry in the MN area that is modified lol.
haha sorry about that man. but i am in the same boat down here in alabama. the only camrys i see with anything done to them have those huge ugly 22"+ wheels on them :facepalm: i'm at work now so the pictures of the cover i have from photobucket are from when i did it so i figure i will put a sort of step by step reel. lol

#9 ·
so its been a little while since ive updated this. a few things have changed. back in november i finally got my UR strut bar from nextgentuning (took them about 15 days of emails and BS to get it to me) then in december i took the big leap and ordered a set of the bc racing coilovers :D i installed them about a week ago and am about to adjust the ride height etc in the next few days to where i am going to like it, so pics will be coming once that is done. i just installed them out of the box at the factory settings until they settled. only issue i have had so far is a clunking noise coming from the front, mostly on the driver side. after some research i am pretty certain it is a problem with the preload being off a little bit so i need to tweak that as well

i should be ordering my rear sway bar (most likely going with the 23mm) in the next couple of weeks and then i am seriously considering a wet nitrous kit with a little 50 shot. a lot of the scion tc and xb guys with the 2az are seein good results with just a 50 shot (between 200hp and 215hp to the ground on the dyno. by no means a lot but definitely a good bit of fun and bang for your buck) my laptop is still messed up so i am trying my best to keep you all up to date! any opinions on tuning the coilovers will be appreciated too by the way! :D

#12 ·
So I finally got my BC racing coilovers on, the kinks worked out, and the ride height adjusted to where I wanted it. I would go a bit lower but my driveway is almost a 45 degree angle and I still scrub a bit how it sits now no matter how careful I am. Oh well. Haha. But anyway here's a picture. Dont mind how dirty the car is, she needs a bath unfortunately

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.