Toyota Nation Forum banner

2011 Camry engine and cabin filter

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gs_aristo 
#1 ·
Guys I need to change the engine and cabin filter on our Camry what brand do you recommend also does it really matter if you purchase the expensive filters vs 5.00 to 10.00 ones? I ask because looks like Toyota OEM filters are normal paper filters anyway let me know your thoughts.

#2 ·
I prefer OEM Denso engine air filters. Unlike other filters (Wix, ACDelco, Purolator) that are single layer paper to catch large particles only. The Denso is a triple layer made to catch small, medium, and large particles. It also fits perfect everytime. 17801-0H050 should be the correct number.

For a cabin filter you basically have 2 choices. Regular or charcoal impregnated. Factory is regular as ate most filters. I have never used a charcoal filter and havent had a problem. Any brand will do as long as it fits properly. I currently has a Purolator classic. OEM number is 87139-YZZ08. It's a replacement filter slightly different than the factory. The actual factory filter doesn't seem to be sold anywhere.

Both can be purchased on Amazon and installed yourself.

#3 · (Edited)
I use Purolator for both. The Purolator engine filter has more surface area due to double the pleats, it also has a sturdy plastic frame, unlike the Toyota filter, which is entirely paper, and seems cheaply made. I've been using aftermarket filters on all my cars for over 30 years, never had an engine failure yet.

As far as the cabin filter, the Totota filter doesn't filter small particles, it's a very large mesh, you can actually right see through it. I get them at Advance auto, for less than Amazon, and no wait.

#4 ·
While on topic, has anyone used the TRD oil filter? It's listed for the V6 only(most places. Some do list it for the 2.5L), but the standard filters for both V6 and 2.5L are the same. It's a little more expensive, but looks much better to me. Havent seen one in person, just pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.