Toyota Nation Forum banner

Gauge cluster conversion

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul.mn 
#1 ·
Hi, first time post.

I did a few :search: and couldn't find anything.

I would like to convert my 2007 LE to the gauge cluster that has the message center.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase a used gauge cluster with the message center and just replace the one without that came in my my LE.

I know I may need to replace the steering wheel, or at least the controls for the DISP button on the right side of the wheel.

I am very mechanical and could easily replace all of the parts but I don't want to have to get into wiring inside the dash.

Thanks for any information you have!

#2 ·
Yes you can without problems. I have done this on my 2007 LE about a year ago now. The biggest problem will be finding that switch. Been looking for quite some time now with no luck. Without the switch you can't change the display.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
84250‑06040 North American Built
84250‑33130 Japan Built

Includes both the steering wheel radio controls as well as the blue tooth and display controls as a set. Steering wheel removal is not required but air bag removal is.

Reactions: Paul.mn
#5 ·
Thanks A LOT everyone! Now I know where to get the control and I just have to find the speedo and buck up the few hundred dollars for the mod!

Next question in line is does the ECU/BCM keep the mileage or does it stay with the speedo? I.E. if my car has 85k and I buy a speedo with 40k and install it, will it read 40k or 85k? I know quite a few cars have gone to keeping the mileage with the ECU/BCM or somewhere on the CAR not the speedo, but i'm not sure about the Camry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.