Toyota Nation Forum banner

Nexen cp672 tires

17K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  glenn14 
#1 ·
At less than 24550 miles my Bridgestone EL400'S are gone , too no one's suprise I assume. The guy at my Local town fair tire recommended the Nexen CP672 Tires and I could get them aqt 129.00 each the have a 70,000 tread life warrenty. I checked tirerack and they don't sell them so I could not find a review for them another online tire review rated these as an excellent all season high performance tire in all conditions wet, dry, snow,rain etc. If any of you folks have had any experiance could you leave me some feedback, the tire store also showed me where mine were
dry rotting so they did not want to put it back on my rim.
Any answers would be appreciated. I have a 2009 Camy SE I4 tire size is 215/55/17.

Regards,
Glenn

#3 ·
What would you sugest will, I was think the michelin primacy mxv4 ???
Glenn

#4 ·
Nexen's have hard sidewalls.

Good for treadwear, bad for noise/comfort.

I'd go with the Primacys (I have those)

#6 ·
I wound up getting the Nexen CP672, They seen very quiet and road nice, I like them plus they go a 70,000 treadlife warrenty. I got all 4 with mounting balancing free lifetime rotation, road hazard $9.95 a tire meaning even if I hit a burm or a pothole or
runover anything they replace the tire for free an got a front end alignment free I paid
624 dollars for the whole package the Michelins would have been 975 dollars. The guy I deal with is a friend of mine and would not steer me wrong and must get a commission and was willing to sell me the Michelins but told me I would would be better off with these. I am very happy with them the are an High perfomance touring all Allseason and of cource blow off the Turenza EL400 wich are around 200 each.
Thank you for all of your input.
Glenn

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glenn-- if you're still available.
Wondering how the Nexen tires have been. ?
Was at Town Faire today and was recommended these over the Yokohama Avid Ascend that I originally was considering. (for 2003 Camry XLE 4 cyl. My current Tokohama Avid Envigor lasted 32,000. Worst mileage I've ever had, but read better about Yokohama Avid Ascend.) I've never heard of Nexen either.
Any update? Very interested.

in Massachusetts too!

#12 ·
I like the Nexens, but to my surprise, they are not that great in snow, my car seemed to slide more with these than the original bridgestones. Since I have custom gen 6chrome wheels I got Bridgestone Blizzaks on my stock OEM SE wheels.

#13 · (Edited)
Glenn, Thank you for followup. So, I wonder if you would buy these tires again...?
My driving style is mostly local (for now) and some out of state trips (highway driving will be increasing over next years). Of course, turnpike to Boston maybe twice or more monthly. I'm looking for good treadware, quiet ride for highway and long trips, and traction would be after those. I find that front-wheel drive Camry even with my front bald tires manages well enough, but locally. Waiting for new tires to get back on highway and distance.

In the meantime, Tire Faire... they offered a very good price (for any tire) and then I see on estimate sheet that they charge for everything about the tire otherwise -- valve, balance, disposal....so the price is right back up there. But probably a good deal anyway. There are enough places that include all of that in one tire price. I will say that T.F. offers a free front wheel balance. But still... This is all interesting and involves a fair amount of study and comparing. And I still don't know if to go with their suggested Nexen or go with a known brand.
Thanks again.

#14 ·
MASS123...
You say that TF offers "front wheel balance" Did you mean "front wheel alignment"....?

If so, that's not worth much without 1st determining that the rear are aligned...

My experience with "grade B" tires is as you've discovered, that once you add all the "parts" their cost is not so much less than "grade A" brands/models...especially if you figure by the mile, and the performance upgrades you get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.