Toyota Nation Forum banner

2009 Transmission filter question

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  btanchors 
#1 ·
Got an 09 (I4, auto)with 52,000 km's. Not planning to drain and fill till 80 to 90 km's.

How is it I've never seen anyone comment about removing the trans. pan and replacing filter? That's the normal maintenance routine.

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Toyota refers to it as an oil strainer and there is no service interval specified. If you have the pan dropped then you can remove and clean it. Reinstal with new o-ring.
Has anyone had experience dropping the trans. pan in the 6th gens?

Wondering if it's labour intense and that's the reasoning for no mension on the strainer in the sight. Haven't been under the car yet.

What would the dealer recommend I wonder if customer insisted on service?

Dipstick is marked with do not service sticker.

Cheers

#5 · (Edited)
Dropping the pan is more than hassle then it's worth. There are a few bolts that are a PITA to remove and since like 5 leave no room for a torque wrench you run a risk of leaks.

I drain and fill my trans every 20-30K (32-48K KM??) with Toyota WS fluid. It is definitely not a lifetime fluid.

#6 ·
For those of you that have drained and refilled transmission fluid on a recent 4-cylinder Camry, can someone tell me how to get to the transmission fill plug? I have the manual but it's hard to relate the manual to the car. It looks like I might have to remove the driver's side front tire, and perhaps a few baffles to get to it. Or can it be accessed from under the hood? Specifically, I have a 2010 Camry 4-cylinder 2.5L, 6-speed automatic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.