Toyota Nation Forum banner

Vibration and jerking when floored

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SpaceSputnik 
#1 ·
Hi Guys...
Looking for some insight as to the cause of a problem I am having before I take my car into the dealership. I have a 2007 Camry SE V6 with approx 170K miles. A few months ago I took my car into the dealership and they performed a service on my car that is a bit confusing. According to the invoice it is labeled: ENGINE INDUCTION SERVICE COMPLETED FUEL INDUCTION SERVICE. The description for the part is TOP ENG/INDUCT SV.

Since this service I have noticed a weird vibration in the car when trying to maintain speeds of 65 to 70 mph. Also, if I were to floor it, the car accelerates rough -it shakes and jerks. This happens only when I floor it though? Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Thanks for any input

#2 ·
That isn't good.

It is possible they did the induction service with a slow drip and slightly hydrolocked the engine. You could have a slightly bent rod that is picked up by the knock sensor as you accelerate.

Does it rev clean if you rev it in neutral? I am pro induction service, but they need to be done correctly. That means controlled drip and engine revved to 2K RPM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.