KM Per Tank? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid

Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View BooFA1010's Photo Gallery
KM Per Tank?

How many Kilometers per tank are people getting on their Camry Hybrids? I am looking at purchasing a 2008 Camry Hybrid. I would like to know roughly how many KM everyone is getting in all the years. Thank you
BooFA1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
AML
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $230400
View AML's Photo Gallery
Miles per tank is a little inaccurate because the low fuel light comes on with about 3-4 gallons remaining in the tank. The tank capacity is 17 gallons, but I can only fit in 13-14 gallons when I fill it up from "empty".

But with those 13-14 gallons I am getting about 450 miles. I do a lot of highway and suburban driving.
AML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View Mithrandir's Photo Gallery
I've been getting about 550-600 miles (885-965km) per tank, from full to about 10 miles after the "driving range" hits 0.

I recently found a new route to work however which boosts my mpg by around 5. I'm at 350 miles so far and it's not even at 1/2 empty yet, so it's looking like this newest route is going to pump my tank range up over 700 miles (1125km).

Caveat: there's one 4-mile stretch of road that's 45mph speed limit, but I drive at 40mph to keep it in electric. Since it's a 2-lane road I stick to the right and let people pass me, but I mention it because it may not be something that many people are willing to do just to increase their gas mileage, so more typical driving methods will probably see far lower tank ranges.

Last edited by Mithrandir; 04-12-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: added "km"
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $400000
View ukrkoz's Photo Gallery
700 miles between refills sounds a little bit steep, but hey, if it's true - good for you. besides, temperatures went up, winter gas is going away, and everyone's mpg is climbing up.

anyhow, average around 500 miles before light comes up here. depends on road inclinations, but i think, it is better gauge than between refills. some really push it into almost empty tanks. so - light comes up - check my mileage. was much worse winter time, 478 or so, but slowly climbs up as it warms outside.

800 kms.

it will be much better in about 3 mths, summer heat and no school traffic.

i just did a quick math.

700 miles at 14 gallons refill, safe zone, will make it 50 mpg. even in its wildest dreams, Toyota never marketed anything close to this range. 600 miles at 14 gall refill i can believe, as it makes it 42.5 mpg, and mine did this summer time last year. but 50 mpg - yeah..... unless one drives tank bone dry, then it becomes reasonable. or straight level hwy drive somewhere in plains...

Last edited by ukrkoz; 04-12-2011 at 08:56 PM.
ukrkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View cdn_tch's Photo Gallery
Winter, city only with a 10k each way commute = ~600 km/tank
Summer, mixed driving including the commute = ~900 km/tank

(I fill up at my convenience after it hits just below 1/4 tank, so sometimes it can take a week )
cdn_tch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User

View Leebog's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_tch View Post
Winter, city only with a 10k each way commute = ~600 km/tank
Summer, mixed driving including the commute = ~900 km/tank

(I fill up at my convenience after it hits just below 1/4 tank, so sometimes it can take a week )
this sounds about right for me as well.
maybe 850km for me tho.
Leebog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

View dg370's Photo Gallery
2008 TCH purchased 8/2010.

Total miles driven = 8610
Total gallons = 239.4
MPG = 36

Low = 32.7 MPG
High = 38.9 MPG

Display usually reports 1.3 to 2.4 MPG too high compared to actual.
dg370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User

View tully's Photo Gallery
just got my 2007 with 100k on the car.
went 900 km on tank 1, filled with 55.1 liters
avg speed 60km/hr, mostly city driving. A couple of short (50km) trips
with speeds of 90-110 km/hr..

Last edited by tully; 05-20-2011 at 10:22 PM.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Officially Opinionated

View danealle's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AML View Post
Miles per tank is a little inaccurate because the low fuel light comes on with about 3-4 gallons remaining in the tank. The tank capacity is 17 gallons, but I can only fit in 13-14 gallons when I fill it up from "empty".

But with those 13-14 gallons I am getting about 450 miles. I do a lot of highway and suburban driving.

Are you absolutely positive that the tank holds 17 gallons? If so then you are saying that I can drive another 100+ miles when the display says 0 crusing range? This makes no sense to me at all. Why isn't the gas gauge showing empty when the tank is ACTUALLY very near empty? 3 gallons left seems way to much and needs to be more accurate.

2009 Camry Hybrid...Super White...Smoked LED Taillights...Smoked Headlight Covers...De-Badged...Rear Spoiler...Moonroof...JBL & Navi System...Bisque Leather...20% Tint all around.
danealle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
AML
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $230400
View AML's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danealle View Post
Are you absolutely positive that the tank holds 17 gallons? If so then you are saying that I can drive another 100+ miles when the display says 0 crusing range? This makes no sense to me at all. Why isn't the gas gauge showing empty when the tank is ACTUALLY very near empty? 3 gallons left seems way to much and needs to be more accurate.
Positive.
http://www.toyota.com/camry/specs.html

Look up the Camry Hybrid Specs/Capacities and you'll see it lists the fuel tank as 17.2 gallons. The manual says the same as well.

I think with nature of the vehicle being a hybrid, some drivers are more likely to try to get the most out of each tank before refueling (for whatever reason) and so they try to cut it as close as possible to empty. It's risky business and if the gas tank is truly empty, the vehicle will not start and drive in EV mode either. Gotta have gas regardless.
AML is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AML For This Useful Post:
danealle (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Officially Opinionated

View danealle's Photo Gallery
Most vehicles only have about 1 gallon of gas left when the needle is right on or just below the empty mark, that's plenty. Toyota shows "empty" when actually there is 1/5 of a tank left or about 20% left. Thank you Toyota for trying to be my Dad, but I am fully capable of managing my own life.

What I would really like to see is another gauge showing actual gallons in the actual tank at any given actual time. Thank You!

2009 Camry Hybrid...Super White...Smoked LED Taillights...Smoked Headlight Covers...De-Badged...Rear Spoiler...Moonroof...JBL & Navi System...Bisque Leather...20% Tint all around.
danealle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid