Originally Posted by auwahwong
i got a 08 tch and i dont believe the manual says anythin about transmission fluid. This CVT is kinda new to me and i was wondering if anybody here got any input on whether or not the car even uses transmission fluid or something like that b/c i might have to change it soon
1. Toyota believes it's a lifetime fluid
2. of course, it needs to be changed, unless you are one of those zealots that firmly believes into anything a car maker says
3. it's WC ATF, world class, i think. price varies from dealership to dealership, i paid 7 bucks a can
4. you need 4 cans.
5. click on my name and then on "all posts" and find one about ATF change. i have complete write up with pics on "how to".
6. around here, folks sort of agree to change it around 50-60 K miles.
7. why is that you "might have" to change it soon? problems?