Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Cost - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Cost

I have 2009 Camry Hybrid with ~70,000 miles on it (yep, I drive it a lot). The service rep just quoted me $301.00 for replacement of the valve cover gasket, which sounds like a high charge for this, and indicated that it isn't covered by warranty or indicated as a problem with this model in any technical service bulletin.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, is the cost I've been quoted out of line with other dealer service for this replacement?

Thanks,

Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
what problem? stupid as it sounds, why do you have to have it replaced?

#3 Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
out of curiosity, popped plastic cover off mine and took a good look at valve cover. looks like 30 minute job to me. does not appear to have any hidden pockets, connections, pipes running anywhere. donno how much all the seals and gasket will be though, as you'll have to replace spark plug wells seals along with gasket.

#4 Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Need For Speed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwapiti View Post
I have 2009 Camry Hybrid with ~70,000 miles on it (yep, I drive it a lot). The service rep just quoted me $301.00 for replacement of the valve cover gasket, which sounds like a high charge for this, and indicated that it isn't covered by warranty or indicated as a problem with this model in any technical service bulletin.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, is the cost I've been quoted out of line with other dealer service for this replacement?

Thanks,

Green
$300 isn't bad. The gasket and other misc. little parts will run you between $30-$50, the rest labor. Generally, most dealerships charge around $100 an hour for labor, keep in mind when they take the gasket off they need to check to make sure the gasket surface is level and doesn't need to be machined. I think it's reasonable.

6 speed manual 2011 Camry SE
1995 Mustang-1994 Mustang GT
1985 AMC Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid