Renewing Sirius subscription....notes for savings inside! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid

Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Rhizzlebop's Photo Gallery
Renewing Sirius subscription....notes for savings inside!

So, I just called to renew my Sirius/XM subscription. She tried to offer some crazy price of 200 per year for a "full channel lineup". blah blah.

I already had my ammo in hand from another online forum.
I specifically asked for the 29.96 offer for 6 months deal.
She quickly said, sure she would offer me that, and took my card info and such.
Now you have to be SURE and write down the expiration date because they will rebill you at the regular rate when its time so you best call in early and ask for another deal cause they keep your card number from this 29.96 transaction.

However, one thing I was NOT aware of. I thought I would have to buy the Nav Traffic and Nav Weather separately for extra.
This lady QUICKLY pointed out (before I asked) that those services along with xxlink-something was included till 2015 (guessing 3 years from delivery) so she said no need to renew those.

I thought only the Toyota software stuff was included for 3 years. I guess we get a tad more than that, so good news.

Anyhow, in general, push for the 30 bucks for 6 months deal when renewing your radio!!
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhizzlebop For This Useful Post:
SKIDD Motorsports (12-21-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View AQ-OC's Photo Gallery
Very nice post. Thank you.

AQ-OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired USN & Civil SVC

View fishnrib's Photo Gallery
What a deal I just called today to add Nav traffic and nav weather to my 1 year renewal I got last Aug. for $174. It's supposed to be an extra $8.99 per month and all I wanted was to have it for 2 months while we travel. They will only add it for whatever plan you already have so I had to get it until Aug for an extra $60.

Now I hope it don't take 3 weeks and numerous phone calls to get it to work like I had to do to get that 3 month free trial.

Last edited by fishnrib; 10-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
fishnrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $108901
View HH2O's Photo Gallery
Yap, I got the $29.96 deal for 6 months

You can try this # below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Listening with 6 Months for Only $25*
Save 71%!

There's so much music and talk to explore, but so little time. Subscribe for six months of the Sirius Select package for just $25* and enjoy over 130 channels. That's a 71% savings, and we'll also waive the activation fee. Act before September 11, 2012. Call the number to take advantage of this unbeatable deal.

Call To Get Started…
1-877-486-7015

* OFFER DETAILS: Activate a prepaid semi-annual (6-month) subscription on an XM Select subscription package, pay only $24.99 for your first 6 months, and save 71% off the standard subscription price ($4.17/mo versus $14.49/mo). Offer good on any inactive radio on your account and comes with free activation (a $15 value). Service will automatically renew and bill at the then-current rate, on a Quarterly (3 mos.) Plan, until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Fees and taxes apply. All fees and programming subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Our Sirius satellite service is also available in PR (with coverage limitations). Our Internet radio service is available throughout our satellite service area and in AK and HI. Free Listening channels subject to change. Certain channels are not available on our Internet radio service or on mobile devices. © 2012 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $333500
View laurido92's Photo Gallery
Called and got the $24.99 deal for six months. I asked about the XM Nav and Traffic and said it was an extra $7 per month. I thought that was part of the Entune system.

'12 Camry SE I4 Limited Edition
Blizzard Pearl
laurido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Anyone remember how long the initial subscription is supposed to last? Mine is still going...so I have no bothered to call about renewing. I took my car on July 20.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Account canceled due to butthurt

View brianric's Photo Gallery
First three months are free.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
First three months are free.
So in two days it will be 5 months....

Old 12-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $132850
View BSparks294's Photo Gallery
Just tell them you want to be billed--that eliminates the possibility of getting the auto renewal at the normal high rate.
BSparks294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSparks294 View Post
Just tell them you want to be billed--that eliminates the possibility of getting the auto renewal at the normal high rate.
What auto renewal? I have no means to bill me as I gave them no info...that I can recall...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid