Where is the 2013 Camry? - Page 3 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman 22 View Post
Just for clarity---the seats are comfy with no tailbone fatigue??? after several hours of driving. Thanks again for your helpful information.
I've driven 1,100 km (680 miles) in one stretch with only one stop for fueling. No significant issues, and at age 63 my back is not in perfect condition.

The only issue I have with the seat is that I can adjust it to be comfortable for me, but my wife puts it in a much different position with all adjustments changed. I would really really like the seat (and mirror) power memory feature that recognizes which smart key is being used and automatically puts the seat in that person's preferred position. Apparently the Australian models have it, but not the US and Canadian ones built in Kentucky. Since they already do it, the feature would be easy to add. Perhaps an option in 2013?

2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

Last edited by Ron AKA; 11-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never say never. Let me add I have seen a few photos of the purported new Camry.Exterior only. Shows a new front end. Has vertical parking lights with a nice clean front fascia.No chrome bar or other messy looking add ons. I myself did not like the 2012 messy excessive.
#33 Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
New TN User

Hello from Oz,

I can confirm that the Australian upper spec (HL) model does indeed have power memory driver's seat/mirrors with the positions memorised for each fob. It's very handy for two drivers with differing seat positions. The mirrors also dip in reverse.
#34 Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Really I don't care where the 2013 is because I'm keeping my 2012.

'13 Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring, Sizzling Crimson Mica, Sandstone interior. Former '12 TCH owner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TAH Owner For This Useful Post:
MapOfTaziFoSho (11-27-2012), rosethornil (12-02-2012)
#35 Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camry hybrid driver View Post
Really I don't care where the 2013 is because I'm keeping my 2012.
LOL! well said.

Dave - 2007 Sienna, 2012 Camry Hybrid
The Following User Says Thank You to dave1812 For This Useful Post:
rosethornil (12-02-2012)
#36 Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Oh you will care about it... when you see new 2013 model has many features that make the 2012 lose value.... so I suggest you keep your eyes open because if indeed the delay Toyota has in disclosing the 2013 Camry models is because of out of the regular features they need to add to it, to compete with Ford etc, all the 2012 will take a financial impact.

Hence for those who look to buy now, I would strongly suggest to wait until the info is known.
#37 Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM
New TN User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryHybrid2011 View Post
Oh you will care about it... when you see new 2013 model has many features that make the 2012 lose value.... so I suggest you keep your eyes open because if indeed the delay Toyota has in disclosing the 2013 Camry models is because of out of the regular features they need to add to it, to compete with Ford etc, all the 2012 will take a financial impact.

Hence for those who look to buy now, I would strongly suggest to wait until the info is known.
I have to agree with you. Strange the new Camry has not a HINT--of print antwhere. Nothing at all. I have to think the new 2013 will be introduced at the January auto show introductions. I think a big splash on the new 2013 is what all this hush-hush is all about. More inline with the ES design with less trout mouth in the grill----think total redo with more standard options. Higher price as well---??? don't know--but---we will find out.
#38 Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
New TN User

LOL you guys crack me up. They JUST did a major revision. Those don't come in back to back years EVER, not with ANY manufacturer. I've looked at and driven the latest offerings from Ford, Honda, Hundai and Kia (the primary one's I considered before jumping on a XLE Hybrid). I'm not thrilled. I don't think Toyota has much to worry about their continuing to carry the sales crown. As for improvements there may be a few but don't count on anything sweeping by any means. They aren't going to fix what isn't broken. The huge dealer I got mine from rarely has more than a few Hybrid Camry's in stock more than a few weeks. The Hundai and Kia and Ford Hybrid's I drove were not by any means as smooth nor sophisticated in the manner in which they have produced a smooth drivetrain or engine system for the hybrid. I'm not real worried about resale at this point as I've already read in the trades Honda and Toyota this year will retain more resale value than any other manufacturer for the manufactured 2012 model year. I wouldn't get too hyped about new stuff from other manufacturers at this point. The Ford's interiors still come off plastic cheap to me and don't have the ergonomic design nor feel. The Hundai's and Kia's to me still rode like a truck. They can keep trying however

2012 Bright White Camry Hybrid XLE, Tan Cloth Interior, Mud Flaps, ClearBra on the front end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcisive For This Useful Post:
Billiam (11-29-2012), dave1812 (11-29-2012)
#39 Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
New TN User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
LOL you guys crack me up. They JUST did a major revision. Those don't come in back to back years EVER, not with ANY manufacturer. I've looked at and driven the latest offerings from Ford, Honda, Hundai and Kia (the primary one's I considered before jumping on a XLE Hybrid). I'm not thrilled. I don't think Toyota has much to worry about their continuing to carry the sales crown. As for improvements there may be a few but don't count on anything sweeping by any means. They aren't going to fix what isn't broken. The huge dealer I got mine from rarely has more than a few Hybrid Camry's in stock more than a few weeks. The Hundai and Kia and Ford Hybrid's I drove were not by any means as smooth nor sophisticated in the manner in which they have produced a smooth drivetrain or engine system for the hybrid. I'm not real worried about resale at this point as I've already read in the trades Honda and Toyota this year will retain more resale value than any other manufacturer for the manufactured 2012 model year. I wouldn't get too hyped about new stuff from other manufacturers at this point. The Ford's interiors still come off plastic cheap to me and don't have the ergonomic design nor feel. The Hundai's and Kia's to me still rode like a truck. They can keep trying however
That's exactly what a blog should do--be fun and throw different ideas about. Time will tell whats going to really happen. My reasoning is simply that no info or anything on the 2013. Nothing--not even a mention of it in any mag. that I've read. That in itself is strange. Toyota did make a change from 2011 to 2012---but don't say it was a total redo--it was not. It looks almost like the first current model design in 2007. I had one. The 2012 looks almost the same. Tail lights,parking lights and some side indents and that's it. The 2007 leather interior was even better than the current offering. Looked better and softer leather--better quality than now.I have the KIA Optima hybrid--don't really like the hybrid system. Toyota's is much better and refined. Design though is much better than Toyota. The ride is about equal to Toyota though the Toyota is quieter. I think Toyota is doing a total make-over. The current 2012 really is not up to par with other styling on the market today or with what's coming down the roadway. Sales are down when you factor in the problems they had last year with the Tsunami. Toyota knows they need something to keep up in styling. The 2012 is not it. With all that said----I would buy a 2012 Camry.The style thing does not bother me--nor does the interior. I want great mpg.and Toyota has the best. In that respect any Toyota model hybrid is the way to go.I'm one that thinks gasoline is going to European levels or at least Canadian levels. I want that mpg now--because within a year that gas pump will be you enemy and empty your wallet. I don't want to be stuck with something I dread to drive because of gasoline cost.Also the price of hybrids will skyrocket. I would rather be the early bird than the dead duck.
#40 Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Toyota did make a change from 2011 to 2012---but don't say it was a total redo--it was not. It looks almost like the first current model design in 2007.
I think you are mixing cosmetic changes with real changes. The 2012 TCH has the first real changes since it was introduced in 2007. And for a conservative company like Toyota, they were significant.

My prediction for the 2013 Camry is that changes will be the typical year to year cosmetic changes, and shuffle of the bells and whistles. The power train will not change.

The Los Angeles 2012 Auto show opened to the press yesterday and the public today. The only Toyota that is getting any press is the RAV4. It was updated with real changes in 2013 for the first time in 7 years. If Toyota was making any real changes to the Camry it would be there, and it appears it is not.

2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
#41 Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM
New TN User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AKA View Post
I think you are mixing cosmetic changes with real changes. The 2012 TCH has the first real changes since it was introduced in 2007. And for a conservative company like Toyota, they were significant.

My prediction for the 2013 Camry is that changes will be the typical year to year cosmetic changes, and shuffle of the bells and whistles. The power train will not change.

The Los Angeles 2012 Auto show opened to the press yesterday and the public today. The only Toyota that is getting any press is the RAV4. It was updated with real changes in 2013 for the first time in 7 years. If Toyota was making any real changes to the Camry it would be there, and it appears it is not.
We will see--as they say "love is in the eye of the beholder"From my point of view the 2012 looks every bit as much as the 2007.
#42 Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
We will see--as they say "love is in the eye of the beholder"From my point of view the 2012 looks every bit as much as the 2007.
I've read that several times and still don't understand it. Did some words get left out?
The Following User Says Thank You to Curtis_TX For This Useful Post:
dave1812 (11-29-2012)
#43 Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM
2012 TCH XLE

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Using Ron's car show link I found this on the 2013 Toyota's most all but the Camry.

Be sure to see both pages of the 2013's including the new Avalon Hybrid.

http://autos.aol.com/toyota/2013/

#44 Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM
New TN User

Hmmm somebody missed the memo if they think the 2012 isn't a complete makeover. There are first of all NO interchangeable parts. The front end was redesigned, so were the windows, sound absorbtion areas and materials used, wheels, suspension, engine components, lights front and rear, dashboard materials and design, seat material and contours, geez what else can be changed. That's why I doubt they will change much in a 2013 for now. The Avalon was overdue for a massive overhaul, and it looks like they finally got it a la the Lexus treatment. I had a 93 Avalon and it was nothing more than a glorified Buick at best. Floated like a boat, had horrible straight line stability, Weird suspension and non supportive seats. I kept it just under a year before offing it for a Subaru. The new Camry Hybrid is a entire breath of fresh air in so many ways compared to prior models as I've also rented the prior Camry's as well. I agree the Kia is sexy but didn't find the suspension nearly as nice as my XLE Camry Hybrid when I tested one prior to purchase. Could just be a matter of taste I suppose. I do think Kia has come a big time long way over the last 5 years however. I used to be impressed with their Amanti. My biggest gripe with most American cars is they just don't seem to understand the concept of STOP using cheap plastic on their dashboards and doors. At least the other foreign cars figured that out years ago. The one thing that might seems strange, but I particularly LOVE and would not want to give up is that brick solid feeling of the brakes on my XLE Hybrid. I just love the tight no slack modulation they have as opposed to every other car of the many I've owned or driven. I love the fact there is no dead area prior to them having some feeling of stopping or slowing the car. I am really used to that now and hate to drive my wife's new Nissan Rogue with that former feel I described.

2012 Bright White Camry Hybrid XLE, Tan Cloth Interior, Mud Flaps, ClearBra on the front end.
#45 Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
2013 Tacoma

The '12 Camry was a complete makeover....or "major model change" in automotive manufacturing talk. There will be no big changes for the '13. Possibly a new color or two or an option here or there...but the car is too new and selling too well to justify the huge cost in retooling for new sheetmetal and/or interiors, etc., etc. One possible rumor is a flex-fuel option on the 2.5L engine.

If you want to enjoy your car....stay off the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid