Where is the 2013 Camry? - Page 7 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid

Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #91 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $548850
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Ron AKA's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_TX View Post
Looks identical to the 2012, or am I missing something?
Billiam (12-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #92 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

I see Toyota is leading the pack and all auto makers got a boost from Sandy. Insurance companies bought a lot of new cars.

Toyota Leads...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View CamryHybrid2011's Photo Gallery
Outside metal sheet look may stay the same. It is the inside Ron that could change, including some changes to mechanical parts (e.g. I hope they fix the ride quality to be vibration less - my car does not have that smooth ride, and while I complained and even opened a ticket with Toyota to get a Toyota technician come to the dealership to check my car, they all said its how it is - indeed I have tried other 2012 hybrid cars at the dealership - LE though not XLE as mine - and the ride is rough. I know the tiers have been replaced with Michelin while I got the Bridgestone which were what they put in first hybrid 2012 cars).

So this means nothing Ron, they keep selling the old parts they have ordered as long as they can, indeed also because of Sandy they could get rid of many such without a change in the model year. But such are sold at a discount...

If you look at the Avalon features, including 2013 hybrid model, you can see some of the extra features the 2013 FFH has such as adaptive cruise control, auto breaking if the car gets close to objects and may hit them, belt restraining before an accident etc (technology pack). Difference in street price is not that much to a 2012 TCH.... but it means that Toyota has those features and perhaps more, just they did not have them on time for the 2012 model. These can be included in 2013 to compete with Ford and others...

That wont change the picture of the car and how it looks from outside.
CamryHybrid2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryHybrid2011 View Post
That wont change the picture of the car and how it looks from outside.
Check out the very last photo, #25, of the inside. Looks essentially the same as the 2012 I have. Still has the same dumb location for the cruise control.

2013 Camry Photos?

Unlike Ford, Toyota splits their car models into a Toyota and Lexus line. I'm sure there is a Camry equivalent in the Lexus line, and if you want all the bells and whistles, that is where you should look.

Last edited by Ron AKA; 12-03-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Ron AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #95 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Ron the pictures mean nothing really. How can you tell for the 2013 Avalon if the car has the adaptive cruise control or the auto braking feature in case of eminent collision based on sensors the car has to detect such and calculates? Picture will look the same. Its what is inside that count. Including real leather option etc.

The 2013 Avalon comes very close to the 2012 TCH price when fully loaded if you factor the discounts/rebates etc specials.

I expect the features that Toyota was thinking only to get the 2013 Avalon to have, will be added to the 2013 Camry. Avalon is not a Lexus and Toyota has all that technology Ford has added to the 2013 Fusion.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #96 (permalink)
New TN User

View ISAYGLD's Photo Gallery
Funny note: with a lot of electricity stored, would be cool if Toyota engineer would fit a defibrillator as a standard package. The first for any hybrid.
ISAYGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
Official TN Member

I think the Prius needs this first. Brian got almost into an accident when driving it, because of blind spots, after which he had to go and change the car to a TCH, few weeks after buying the Prius (and yes, I am sure he lost quite a few $$$), making him very upset
Old 12-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #98 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Avalon Tech package in 2013 Camry?

Here is a pointer: http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...013+avalon.htm

As many parts in the Avalon are common to the Camry (e.g. the hybrid power platform), I suspect that the Tech package at least will be offered for the 2013 Camry. While 2013 Fusion has more features, including GPS based cruise control optimization that remembers the most traveled routes and optimizes for high MPG on such, I think Toyota will need add something to the TCH or regular Camry for 2013.

Last edited by CamryHybrid2011; 12-06-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #99 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View rosethornil's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AKA View Post
Looks identical to the 2012, or am I missing something?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Frankly, I was very surprised to see this thread, as typically the body styles remain the same for three years, and Camry had a massive re-design in 2012.
rosethornil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #100 (permalink)
Official TN Member

This thread is not to suggest that the body style/metal skin will change. It is what they can include inside as additional features. To understand that, look at Avalon 2013. It has the style it has. Can you tell out of looking at it, if it has the Tech Package included? Or other features the Avalon has? I thought it is quite clear, that I am not looking for changes in the appearance, but in features (under the skin). Does not mean changes in appearance cannot happen, but that will be quite small otherwise Toyota will lose face (i.e. if they completely change the style - but that wont happen for a Camry).

Why the need for additional features and not same carry over from 2012? Because of competition offering many features that were before only available in much more expansive cars. E.g. Ford Fusion 2013 offers such - see separate thread.

Any why this thread is of interest? If you are in the market and consider to buy a car, and wonder about the 2012 Camry vs. what the 2013 Camry will have, you are taking a risk to end up not only with a last year model, but a devaluated model features wise. As few stated, they will wait a little longer to know what the 2013 before buying, but if they must buy now, probably best is to buy a 2013 FFH (or non hybrid).

Last edited by CamryHybrid2011; 12-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #101 (permalink)
New TN User

View razzledazzlebee's Photo Gallery
I checked and there are 2 other models which are not expecting redesign but are not announced yet for 2013:

Prius Plugin
Prius C

Maybe it's just a hybrid thing right now?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #102 (permalink)
Official TN Member

But most of Camry sales are non hybrid. Why would Toyota not reveal the 2013 regular Camry models?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 AM   #103 (permalink)
2012 TCH XLE

Gameroom cash: $427550
View WhiteSands's Photo Gallery
I called a toyota sales manager and he said they had a 2013 SE on order. My guess it may be January when they get it in. The '13 Avalon came in about a week ago. He had no confirmed released date for the '13 TCH.
WhiteSands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #104 (permalink)
Official TN Member

The 2013 Avalon, option wise is very nice. I would not mind to get same options in a Camry (wont buy an Avalon though)! So Toyota sure knows how to do things its just that they need to decide if they offer those features for Camry, Avalon, Lexus or what.

I think for safety eatures, all should be offered. Why do we need buy an expansive BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes or Lexus to have those lateral traffic blind spot sensors when you back up from a parking lot and a car you cannot see comes towards you? Why do we need pay high premium for a car that will apply the brakes automatically when the sensors sense a collision or someone/something is in front/back? Why do we need pay more for the premium model to have lane changing alarms etc.

So simply I hope and think the 2013 Camry will have such features that we already can see in the Avalon.

While of course I wont buy a new car now (I am planning to buy one a year after a new redesigned Camry will be introduced, so about 5 years from now) I sure hope Toyota will follow the example Ford had to offer all such features even in their midsize cars. Safety should be available to all and they will charge for it, so not free (I am sure they make a nice premium on such features...). I am willing to pay.

I read that for model year 2010 Camry came in on Feb 2010 not Nov/Dec 2009. Not sure why (was it when the recall scare happened or some other disaster in Japan or...). So seems Toyota was doing this before with the Camry, delaying releases of models till 1-2 months into the new model year.

Last edited by CamryHybrid2011; 12-07-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #105 (permalink)
New TN User

View razzledazzlebee's Photo Gallery
CamryHybrid- interesting about the '10 model- did it have very different features inside?
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid