Intresting cruise control problem - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge

Camry & Solara Lounge Discussion area for every generation of Toyota's family car, the Toyota Camry. Lexus ES250/300 owners welcome! Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance and more.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Quite Noob

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View metalo69's Photo Gallery
3rd Generation Intresting cruise control problem

I have looked around the forum and not seen anyone with this problem so I wanted to know if it has happened to anyone else yet. I recently switched out my Camry's auto tansmission over to a manual, and about the same time I changed out to a aftermarket steering wheel. When I did so the cruise control seemed to stop working. Using allData I tried looking up the cruise ciruit but since the car is not exactly stock it didn't help much. I am planning to switch steering wheels again over to a 2001 Celica GTS wheel w/ the cruise controls on it. WHen trying to hook up the cruise controls I found the wires don't match, not even the stock camry controls match. The wires on the care are Red, white, and brown. on the controls the wires are red, white, and white-black. When i wire them together red to red, white to white, and white-black to brown, nothing happens, the dash light does not even blink. I am hoping that someone on here has had something like this happen to them. I have checked the brake light sensor (the one on the brake pedel) and it is working fine, i do not believe the clutch switch is even hooked up at the moment (the cruise is not hooked up to it yet anyways), anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

(if you want to meet 'Blue' click here)
metalo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
'00 Camry V6 (1MZ-FE)

View NewRacer's Photo Gallery
Maybe the ECU on your car is programmed to work with auto, so it doesn't work with manual.

By the way, how much did it cost to switch to manual? Is yours V6 or I4?
NewRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Not Quite Noob

Nah, see thats a good thought but I switched my PCM (ECU) with the trans. When I pulled the transmission out of the junkyark I pulled out the PCM of the same car to make sure that I would have no problems.

All in all the swap only cost me about $1200, but it would have cost about $700 if i had done it myself, but the mechanic I knew had done it before and had no problem doing it in two days (where as it would have taken me like a week to do it).

I have the 5s-FE I4, working on turboing it next (which I will do myself), but I still want to get the cruise fixed first.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not Quite Noob

Ok, after some tinkering I now have gotten it to when I press the CC on/off button, the dash "CRUISE" light blinks at me five time. Anyone know what this DTC means?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge