Water leaking on passenger's floor area! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry & Solara Lounge Discussion area for every generation of Toyota's family car, the Toyota Camry. Lexus ES250/300 owners welcome! Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
4th Generation Water leaking on passenger's floor area!

Help! My car has a water leak that drips lots of water into the passenger's floor mat area! When it rains or I go to the car wash I get quite a lot of water on the floor up close to the firewall! From what I can tell it is leaking in from around the blower motor casing under the glovebox....but how and why would there be water inside the electric fan area?

Any advice would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Official TN Member

Any sunroof on your car? reason for me asking is that there are some issues that the drainage pipe might be clogged over time if not cleaned. This often happen when you park your car outdoors, under a tree or something.

I am not an expert in this area, but this might be something to be taken into consideration.
#3 Old 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I remember seeing a hose down there being used for the A/C when it is on. Its purpose is to direct the A/C deposits or something to purposely leak under the car.

Check that the hose is properly plugged in; on the upper left-hand side of the passenger's floor mat, you should see a rubber black tube of some sort. This is all i can think of, hope this helps.

#4 Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
pro nub

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
im not sure but it could be your heater core. That's what happened to my mustang. make sure you get all of it soaked out before it starts to smell really bad.
#5 Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Gen 4 XLE v6

there are drain plugs a dealership should remove before they release a new car to the public. At times one drain plug is unremoved accidently, i have no clue where they are located, but this is problem does occur.

Desi Toyota Dude Here!!!
#6 Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcamry00
im not sure but it could be your heater core. That's what happened to my mustang. make sure you get all of it soaked out before it starts to smell really bad.
I would look into this, I also think it might be your heater core.

Try and turn you car on and turn the heater to full blast, check to see if any additional water drips down to the passenger side. (not sure how to diagnos this so im taking a guess) some one here might have a better idea....

Also check this out (guessing you use heater/defoger when it rained):

http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...2&FROMJSP=type

IM NO EXPERT THOUGHT....

Quote:
Ignorance more freely begets confidence than does knowledge.

Last edited by lalo; 06-08-2006 at 01:23 PM.
#7 Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 PM
mixed bag 'o vehicles

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
have you had the windshield replaced and/or is the seal in good shape? ive gotten wet floors from both a replacement window and a dried out seal.

#8 Old 06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Look at the rubber tube that goes from the DOOR to the BODY. MAKE SURE the tube is properly seated on the body.

My Camry: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228043...y-xle-sedan-4d
'96 Camry: 2MZ
'95 AE101: JDM Tails/Grill/BiXenon Headlights. JDM Lighted Ignition Keyring and Cabin Air Filter
#9 Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
I am still trying to track this down It isn't the heater core, that I know for sure!

The water leaking in is just plain 'ol rain water! It is leaking in by the heater blower motor. Any ideas? The windshield is original.
#10 Old 06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
DIY : I believe

Man, take out your glove box. There are 5 screws total, two on the bottom corners and three on top (two top corners and one in center), you might have to open up the box to locate the top screws.

Take it out and watch for moisture. Drive around town without the glove box and pay attention to what is happening down there. Also drive around town with A/C on full blast for 15-20 minutes at least, then look under the car to see if water is dripping, cause there should be. If the purge hose is clogged with mud (it happens) it's gonna full itself up and flood the vent system.

Last summer the mat under the front passenger seat of my Gen4 was SOAKED. Enough that I would put it in the clothes dryer once a week. I never did anything and it went away but I think it was coming out of the vent underneath the seat. This year on the first hot day I noticed the dripping and panicked like a schoolgirl only to have a coworker laugh at me. Since I didn't noticed it last summer I assume it was clogged bad and vomiting back through the vents.

Restoring '65 Chevy Impala Super Sport w/ 327-300 small block, Edelbrock carb/intake and T-5 tranny that will probably blow up.
Black '98 Camry LE 4Cyl Auto, 188 000Kms and counting
Black '98 Camry CE 4Cyl Auto, 295 000Kms and counting - SOLD

Last edited by Maim Menu; 06-09-2006 at 06:29 PM.
#11 Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 AM
New TN User

yea, why dont you take out the glove box, and close all your doors and windows. Then use a hose to pour water on your roof, then check to see where exactly the water is driping from.

Quote:
Ignorance more freely begets confidence than does knowledge.
#12 Old 06-11-2006, 01:03 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo
yea, why dont you take out the glove box, and close all your doors and windows. Then use a hose to pour water on your roof, then check to see where exactly the water is driping from.
I supposed something like this is the next step, but I was hoping that someone on this site might have encountered this problem before and been able to tell me how to fix it
#13 Old 06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
DIY : I believe

Well I only assume the cause of this, but if I were you I'd take it out and hose the car down on every possible crack or water gasket around the doors, windshield ect like Lalo said.

Restoring '65 Chevy Impala Super Sport w/ 327-300 small block, Edelbrock carb/intake and T-5 tranny that will probably blow up.
Black '98 Camry LE 4Cyl Auto, 188 000Kms and counting
Black '98 Camry CE 4Cyl Auto, 295 000Kms and counting - SOLD
#14 Old 06-11-2006, 01:55 PM
MDT Toyota Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbhatia
there are drain plugs a dealership should remove before they release a new car to the public. At times one drain plug is unremoved accidently, i have no clue where they are located, but this is problem does occur.
No there are body plugs that you install, these holes are for shipment of the vehicle, their not drain plugs.

I would pull up the plastic door run and kick panel and pull up the carpet and make sure the hose for the sunroof drain is still routed outside of the car. I've seen where it backs itself back up inside the car and dumps all the water underneath the pass. side carpet. That is if this vehicle has a sunroof.
#15 Old 06-12-2006, 12:44 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadChicken
No there are body plugs that you install, these holes are for shipment of the vehicle, their not drain plugs.

I would pull up the plastic door run and kick panel and pull up the carpet and make sure the hose for the sunroof drain is still routed outside of the car. I've seen where it backs itself back up inside the car and dumps all the water underneath the pass. side carpet. That is if this vehicle has a sunroof.
Yes the car has a sunroof. Could you please give me a hint as to where this tube is located and what size and color I am looking for? Where should the tube end up/dump the water?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge