Toyota Nation Forum banner

Camry 1 lives on!!!!

2K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  zoni 
#1 · (Edited)
i was just surprised with an early b-day present when i came back from school today... instead of selling my car off, my parents decided to rebuild the top end!! so camry 1 will live on! my parents told me the toyota service dept said they thought they saw chocolate milk after opening up the block :eek:

i got the valves reseated w/ new valve seals, new gaskets, plugs, timing belt.

i plan to do a lot of resoration, including a full body repaint, new interior pieces, maybe some new audio stuff.... then i plan to get down and dirty with the engine, giving it some new 9:1 compression pistons and 10psi of positive manifold pressure ;) wahhhhpshhh

its good to be back!!

jon

#8 ·
YEAH JON!!!

now with the money you were plannin on for the new car, you can do nice things with the camry...

to all who wonder why I couldnt buy jon's car...
I was planning on it, then my engine blew... SO i had to do something for that... i decided i'd swap in a 1mz and std tranny... so it all works out... once my car is running again... :)

lets schedule a crazy camry meet in Ohio this summer... i still wanna come out.

#10 ·
jwa276 said:
i was just surprised with an early b-day present when i came back from school today... instead of selling my car off, my parents decided to rebuild the top end!! so camry 1 will live on! my parents told me the toyota service dept said they thought they saw chocolate milk after opening up the block :eek:

i got the valves reseated w/ new valve seals, new gaskets, plugs, timing belt.

i plan to do a lot of resoration, including a full body repaint, new interior pieces, maybe some new audio stuff.... then i plan to get down and dirty with the engine, giving it some new 9:1 compression pistons and 10psi of positive manifold pressure ;) wahhhhpshhh

its good to be back!!

jon
Hell yeah bro... I was sadden to hear that you were leaving the camry scene... But thats hella cool your here to stay...

#18 ·
jwa276 said:
hey! good point!

ive always said im never selling this car.. and for a sec i almost did! but now she is like new again- just some fixin up in a few other aesthetic places and then onto the car shows!

jon
I know, and i kept reminding you of that. I have now saved two camry owners from making the mistake of giving up, you and aaron.

#19 ·
yeah i agree....very happy to hear your still with us and thanks to sean I am still a loving camry owner and pretty much have came to terms with it. The camry is just to much of me to let go!~!

Plus i keep having hopes that Ben will get the waaappssh going!!!!!

#20 ·
jwa276 nice car man. You got some nice parents, i kinda have parents like you, they've paid for all my mods on my camry so far too lol.
hey silver streak, i just checked out your website and was curious about custom cold air intakes and how to do it. After i checked out your website i saw how its done and was wondering where you purchased the long chrome piping you used and what you used to cut it and where you purchased the rubber pipe you used to curve around into the air flow meter from the filter? Also was the hole in the engine bay where the piping went through to the filter already there or did you have to cut that?

#21 ·
PoR2GeEzCamry said:
jwa276 nice car man. You got some nice parents, i kinda have parents like you, they've paid for all my mods on my camry so far too lol.
hey silver streak, i just checked out your website and was curious about custom cold air intakes and how to do it. After i checked out your website i saw how its done and was wondering where you purchased the long chrome piping you used and what you used to cut it and where you purchased the rubber pipe you used to curve around into the air flow meter from the filter? Also was the hole in the engine bay where the piping went through to the filter already there or did you have to cut that?
I sell you one for a 5SFE GEN 3 Camry if you are intrested. :)

email me at sargdesigns@hotmail.com

#23 ·
1fastLE said:
Congrats. When you get it done we should get together @ a local cruise or something. The Cincinnati Cruise-ins aren't too bad either.
heck yea, we always say were going to meet up. i really want to go to one of those cinci shows in late summer, hopefully i will have the repaint/18s/interior stuff all done so im not embarassed.

jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.