Maintance Required Light Blinking - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry & Solara Lounge Discussion area for every generation of Toyota's family car, the Toyota Camry. Lexus ES250/300 owners welcome! Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-31-2009, 03:33 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Maintance Required Light Blinking

This morning after i started my 06 Camry LE the maintance required light blinked 4 or 5 times on my dash then goes off i recently had my oil changed a month ago which usually the dealership resets the light, I tried resetting the light by holding down the trip button on trip A while the key is in the on position with the engine off and it just showed 2 zeros and it didnt reset anything, am i doing something incorrectly? or should i take it back to the dealership? Ive misplaced my manual so i can't look up to see if this maint. required light means something more than just an oil change.

Last edited by Geffen; 05-31-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The will flash when you start the car, it should go away when its running if you are not due for service.

All the light means is that your due for your routine service. IE( Oil Change and Tire Rotation)
#3 Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
change the trip setting to odometer. turn the car off. hold down the trip button and turn the car to the ON position. There will be dashes that scroll in the odometer and then after about 3 secs the light will turn off.

All this is said in your manual

#4 Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Toyota | moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSo0h0o View Post
All this is said in your manual
True, but the OP already added a disclaimer saying he can't find his manual.

Anyway, yeah, it's not a big deal. IIRC it starts flashing when you start the car after you've gone 4500 miles, and stays on when you've reached 5000 miles. Nothing major but it's to remind you you're due for an oil change. Businesses that service cars really should be more aware of resetting the 'idiot lights' because customers might think their car is about to explode

'05 2AZ-FE @ 47K miles | '95 1MZ-FE @ 92K miles
moving forward

[Gen 5.5 - OEM fogs / FormulaONE tint / OEM rims / LEDs inside and out / Viper 1002 / EchoMaster]
#5 Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy57 View Post
True, but the OP already added a disclaimer saying he can't find his manual.

Anyway, yeah, it's not a big deal. IIRC it starts flashing when you start the car after you've gone 4500 miles, and stays on when you've reached 5000 miles. Nothing major but it's to remind you you're due for an oil change. Businesses that service cars really should be more aware of resetting the 'idiot lights' because customers might think their car is about to explode
ahh i totally missed that sentence. therefore, i apologize to the OP. Of course, you have to understand we see these threads all the time and an automatic smartass response follows

#6 Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSo0h0o View Post
ahh i totally missed that sentence. therefore, i apologize to the OP. Of course, you have to understand we see these threads all the time and an automatic smartass response follows
Thanks for the apology, i called my dealership and they explained how to reset the Maint required light and it worked.
#7 Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
New TN User

I am also trying to turn off the maintenace required light but I have a keyless Camry 2007 and it doesn't seem to work the same. Anyone have the instructions for that.
#8 Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 AM
New TN User

You're An Idiot

So ....

You originally took your car in BECAUSE THE FREAKING light was blinking. You got your oil changed ... and "supposedly" (hahahaha), they reset the light... and you drove off ..... and you just didn't notice that the light was still blinking???????? Oh my God!!!! You are a total idiot!!!!

I don't think that's the case, at all!!!!

Instead, they DID reset the freaking maintenance light .... because THEY would have seen that it was ON when they brought your car out, when it was finished ....

So ... they DID reset it...

However, something else is wrong..... because the light has come back on and it's NOT even time to change your freaking oil .... You JUST had it changed.

My wife has a Prius 2009 .... guess what? Two weeks ago, she went and had her oil changed ..... Why???? Because the freaking light was on ... Makes sense, right? My wife is VERY particular ... and had the idiots at the dealer "forgot" to reset the light, I for sure would have heard about it... I mean ... it's RIGHT freaking there... Right in front of you!!! It's like a brand new car!!! My wife doesn't screw around with that ... if the light blinks, she tells me cuz she's a worry wart ...

So .... She explained to me, that a couple of days ago, she had to brake extremely hard in order to avoid hitting a motor cycle.... and this was like 3 days ago....

Hmmmmm.... All the sudden the maint reqd light is flashing 6 times and goes out AND the wife TELLS me about it.

So, I tell my wife to take the car in and have it checked.... So she did that, this morning.... Sandra, from Toyota of Oxnard, a complete IDIOT, when my wife brought the car in, asked my wife "Did you have your oil changed recently?" (a very VALID question with a very STUPID solution coming) ... and my wife said "Yes..." and then the idio said to my wife, "Well, they probably forgot to reset it ... here I'll reset for you...." and proceeded to reset it, and show my wife how to do it....

My wife comes home, calls me on the phone, and says "It's fixed...."

I am so pissed off at that dealership... They SUCK to heaven's high!!!

Here's why:

1. The tech should NOT have assumed it was the oil change issue ... Why? Because IF the dealership did NOT reset the light, they would have caught it right then and there .... and my wife would have taken the car RIGHT BACK cuz she would notice that light is still flashing.... So, for them to say "they probably forgot" is the absolute lamest thing I have ever heard and is a cheap cop out of having to check the car out.

2. Because they simply reset it and didn't check anything out, means they sent the car away with an existing problem IF there was one, due to the hard breaking that had occurred, given there IS a breaking problem and perhaps the flashing was related to the incident.

3. Toyota is an idiot at Oxnard, California. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

So .... don't be too quick to assume it's got something to do with the oil change ... trust me ... you're NOT that dumb to NOT notice the light is still flashing AFTER you got your oil changed and got in and started up your car... and Toyota isn't that stupid either NOT to notice the maintenance light still flashing AFTER they start up the car AFTER they changed the oil.

And the people posting about resetting the light under the circumstances you've stated are idiots too!!! Especially those who talk about the freaking light flashing after 4500 miles .... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! yes that's true ... BUT, that's NOT freaking problem!!!! The problem is this person JUST HAD THE OIL changed a MONTH AGO!!!!!!!! Are you telling me the OP didn't notice this light flashing for an entire MONTH?????

NOW, IF the OP had driven the car for 4500 miles in one month, my apologies..... However, they don't state that ... and therefore, still an idiot.

Tim
#9 Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 AM
New TN User

WHY are you trying to turn it off?????

Don't the idiots know how to reset it after they changed your oil? When was the last time you had your oil changed?

Amazing!!!!!! A bunch of idiots on this site.
#10 Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM

#11 Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
New TN User

and YOU should be ashamed of yourself telling somebody "It's no big deal" when the maint reqd. light comes on .... SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

There's brake problems
Acceleration problems

and YOU'RE telling somebody "It's no big deal????"

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!
#12 Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trking View Post
and YOU should be ashamed of yourself telling somebody "It's no big deal" when the maint reqd. light comes on .... SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

There's brake problems
Acceleration problems

and YOU'RE telling somebody "It's no big deal????"

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!
The maint reqd light has nothing to do with brake problems or acceleration problems. It is only a reminder for the oil change.
#13 Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Dogging It

Quote:
Originally Posted by trking View Post
So ....

You originally took your car in BECAUSE THE FREAKING light was blinking. You got your oil changed ... and "supposedly" (hahahaha), they reset the light... and you drove off ..... and you just didn't notice that the light was still blinking???????? Oh my God!!!! You are a total idiot!!!!

I don't think that's the case, at all!!!!...........

........he OP had driven the car for 4500 miles in one month, my apologies..... However, they don't state that ... and therefore, still an idiot.

Tim

Wow, chill out bro, smoke a fatty! Such negative vibes. Take a breather. Oh and that idiot light is just that. It is not the same as a solid light.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge