Check Engine/Trac Off Light?? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge

Camry & Solara Lounge Discussion area for every generation of Toyota's family car, the Toyota Camry. Lexus ES250/300 owners welcome! Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance and more.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Gpower's Photo Gallery
Exclamation Check Engine/Trac Off Light??

Hello everyone, I am a newbie, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone out there and introduce myself a little. I am a 2000 solara owner. V6SLE auto, with stage 3 TRD package, everything except the supercharger. Being in a six year college program has pretty much drained me. Anyways, I bought my vehicle with 23,000 miles on it and have currently 74,000 miles. I have driven them all and performed regualr maintenace (oil changes, tires, trans fluid) but recently my check engine light came on and I took it to autozone to get a genric code read, they said the o2 sensor malfunction code is whats worng. I did some research on the site and saw it could be possibly the gas, the gas cap, or the o2 sensor. Man if it is the latter, that $hit is $$. But anyways, so I have continued to drive my car with the light on for almost 2 weeks, and have not noticed any problems, but I did drop my car off to get some body work done (paint chipping and detailing last week) and when I picked the car up my Trac off light was on, and will not go away now. I wanted to go and raise some hell with the guys who detailed it, since I am 100% sure they had a little fun with my car, but have declined to do so. I have tried to search all forums, the internet, and literature, but have come up short. I was wondering if there are any suggestions, on either one of these issues.

1. If my check engine light does require the o2 sensor, where is the cheapest place to get one??....

2. On my Trac off light, I checked to see if it was actually off, and it rained last night, and I punched the gas, and the tires spun freely, which does mean the trac is off. Any ideas??

Thanks, for reading my essay, hoping there is someone who might have had to deal with these issues. Also if I posted in the wrong section please inform me, as I am still new. Thanks, good day.
Gpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View BigE's Photo Gallery
I'm not completely sure, but your car may have a TRAC off button somewhere on the dash as does the Gen 5 Camrys, check to see if the button's been pressed in. On the Gen 5, it's near door on the dash. Probably around a similar vicinity on the Solaras.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View Gpower's Photo Gallery
Thanks

Man I took it to the dealer today and they said I needed to replace the o2 sensor, cost me 262.00 bucks, but that is what was causing the trac light to come on too....wierd. Oh well, it sucks for me. Thanks though.
Gpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge