Entune iPhone BlueTooth Connectivity - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
JWH
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Entune iPhone BlueTooth Connectivity

In our 2016 Highlander we were able to play audio from our iPhone playlists over both BlueTooth and USB on Entune, but we would have to control them from the iPhone screen, not the Entune screen. (Trying from the Entune screen allowed one song that looped.) The Highlander does not support CarPlay.

Today I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 10.3.1 and a little blurb on the iPhone (can't find it anymore) suggested automaker audio changes, so I tried it.

Linked the music to my iPhone as normal, then pressed the Audio control on the steering wheel (the little talking head) and the Entune screen showed "downloading," though I don't know if that came from Toyota or it was simply mirroring my iPhone.

In any case it worked! Now with BlueTooth I can control iPhone music directly from the Entune screen. I can choose playlists and songs from Entune, and the chosen song doesn't loop. This is real improvement. At this point I have no idea what other CarPlay functionality will work, but I'll take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech