prius audio video integration - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
prius audio video integration

Hi all,
first of all hello to everybody since this is my first post.
I'm going to prepare my new Prius (bought last november) for hi-fi car competitions but i'm trying to find the best solution for audio video integration and i'm seeking some experiences.

I'm planning to keep the factory radio since i'm installing an ipod interface but this is obviously not for competitions.
I already have 2 amps and i think i will be going to buy an alpine pxa h701, the problem is the audio source.
Since i need to control the pxa i have some options to think about:

1) Use an alpine rux c701 controller, put new analog wires from the factory radio to the pxa for listening to the radio and ipod and use a cd changer with an optical output to send music to the pxa. (the problem here is that i can't find a cd changer with optical out able to be controlled by the factory radio).
In this case volume i would have a separate volume control for the cd changer. No video.

2) same as above but instead of a cd changer pull out a digital signal from the factory radio but someone on the internet says i will lost the chance to listen to the radio. I don't know for ipod. I would loose the ability to change volume from the steering wheel.

3) Use an alpine dva 9861Ri head unit as processor controller and music source, the head unit has a video out but i can't find out if video interfaces exists and ppls at costaltech, making video in interfaces for various toyota models, don't answer to my mails (someone have one to sell? ^^')

4) other ideas?

Have someone tried todo something like this? What do you think?
I hope to have been clear enough since my main language is italian ^^'

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
u might look into the JL Audio CleanSweep and the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 and 3Sixty.2 to help boost your sound running amps off your factory radio.

you can check them out at crutchfield.com......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech