Toyota Nation Forum banner

09 camry rear speaker

16K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ongdia009 
#1 ·
Hi,

I want to change my 09 camry rear stock speaker (non JBL) here the question? but not sure go with 2 or 3 way speaker since the factory one is very deep cannot eliminate the road noise

1. What is size of rear stock speaker
2. What is the best 3 way speaker to replace
3. Is necessary to install the amplifier in order to get best sound quality when using 3 way speaker
4. If I change front door stock speaker 2 or 3 way speaker will it get louder sound
5. Anyone try to install the speaker in to the lower rear door

Thank!

#2 ·
The front and rear stock speaker is 6x9

I would go with 3ways for the front and only 2way for the rear as rear speakers are usually only for fill.

You should install a 4 channel amp if you want better, clearer and louder sound. Another option is to go with a higher rated 2 channel amp to power the front speakers and have an aftermarket head unit power the rears. Then that way you could opt to go component speakers for the front which allow you to place the tweeter wherever you want. Component speakers separate the tweeter from the woofer, are rated much higher than 2way/3way coaxial speakers and also come with crossovers so you can fine tune the components.

Changing the front from 2way to 3way might give you less power if you just stick with an aftermarket head unit because you're changing the way the sound comes out with more tweeters.

To get to the rear speakers in the door, you're going to have to take apart the body paneling. You can try buying your car's data master sheets from crutchfield for $10, but they're usually free if you buy the speakers from them or the aftermarket head units from them. They're not always the cheapest, but they have excellent customer support and include the wiring harnesses/speaker adapters for free.

#7 ·
my speakers are 3" in depth and the trunk bar that moves barely rubs on it, not even enough to make a mark on the speaker magnet. now i installed these speakers with no bracket or anything just a straight up drop in. if you make a half inch mdf bracket it will perfect it.

#8 ·
If you are going for a sound quality install, just remove the rear speakers altogether and get a good component set for the front. If you are technically inclined, you can buy raw drivers and go active. I am partway through my install now and I found that I actually prefer the sound without the rear speakers installed. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.