Burnt out display light bulb on stock radio - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech

Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View mseyller's Photo Gallery
Burnt out display light bulb on stock radio

I have a '94 Camry with the stock radio. The bulb that backlights the LCD display has burnt out. All other lights function properly, and the LCD display itself works fine (no problems during the day). I checked across the leads with an ohmeter to verify that the bulb filament is open. Does anyone have a part number or a source for a replacement bulb? I'd hate to be forced to replace the entire unit due to a burnt out bulb!

http://home.comcast.net/~mseyller/si...e/Camry_Radio/
mseyller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View sienna1's Photo Gallery
Canada

Radio-Shack should have something similar. It should be a 12V bulb and the silicone cover on the original bulb can be removed so that you can colour match the replacement.
sienna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View dimwittedmoose51's Photo Gallery
You might be surprised how cheap you can buy a used radio for your Camry on ebay and make it worth the switchout since you'll likely have to pull the unit in the first place. I have a factory '99 Corolla cassette radio I just pulled to do the aftermarket thing with and I'd let it go for $20 and whatever USPS charge there is for the small flat rate box. Not sure if they'll interchange, but I could check with my neighbor as she has a 94 Camry.

Our 96 Subaru Legacy was easy to upgrade with their later model radio/ 6 CD changer(DIN 2). Found three of them either on NASIOC.com or ebay for $50 each. Maybe the TN for sale page might be as kind to you.

The switchout for the Corolla required a stiff putty knife to GENTLY pry the dash cover off, a Phillips screwdriver, and a ratchet w/8mm socket to remove the brackets from the radio and transfer them to your new unit. The back is pretty much plug and play and installation the reverse of removal.

YMMV

DM&FS
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech