1999 Toyota Camry LE Security system - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums


» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech

Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View dhman06's Photo Gallery
1999 Toyota Camry LE Security system

Hi guys, I am new here and I have a little problem with my 1999 Camry LE. I see that my Camry comes with a factory Security system that says "Toyota Security", but my dealer disabled them. I didn't see that when I bought it from the dealership. Upon noticing the security system I took it to the dealership. The dealer asked me for $300 to activate the system and being a student I really don't want to spend that valuable $300. Does anyone know how to activate the factory alarm system in 1999 Toyota Camry. Any type of help will be appreciated guys.

Thanks.
dhman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View KiDGiB's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhman06 View Post
Hi guys, I am new here and I have a little problem with my 1999 Camry LE. I see that my Camry comes with a factory Security system that says "Toyota Security", but my dealer disabled them. I didn't see that when I bought it from the dealership. Upon noticing the security system I took it to the dealership. The dealer asked me for $300 to activate the system and being a student I really don't want to spend that valuable $300. Does anyone know how to activate the factory alarm system in 1999 Toyota Camry. Any type of help will be appreciated guys.

Thanks.
I never knew mine came with the security system, until i found this little toggle switch by the driver side kick panel. I flipped this switch and the car chirped. Make sure you have the chipped key (black base) before you activate your system or you wont be able to start your car and the alarm wont shut off til you pull the battery cable off. I found that out at 1AM... Oh also look under the hood and look for the siren mounted on the firewall, that will tell you if you have the security system in your car.

Last edited by KiDGiB; 04-29-2010 at 07:21 PM.
KiDGiB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Freakin Scooters
 
LynchburgCSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Richmond, VA & Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 10,472
Gameroom cash: $1423545
Thanks: 310
Thanked 427 Times in 396 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
View LynchburgCSI's Photo Gallery
^ Uh. He KNOWS he has the system installed. Do you even know what youre talking about? The OP asked how to activate the alarm.

dhman06, Try searching the gen 3/4 camry forums. There's plenty of threads on activation. Don't worry about the chipped key. If it's a factory system then it's already wired to handle it.
__________________


Honda Scoots Galore

TOTALED: '03 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4L, '96 Camry LE 5S
LynchburgCSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View dhman06's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDGiB View Post
I never knew mine came with the security system, until i found this little toggle switch by the driver side kick panel. I flipped this switch and the car chirped. Make sure you have the chipped key (black base) before you activate your system or you wont be able to start your car and the alarm wont shut off til you pull the battery cable off. I found that out at 1AM... Oh also look under the hood and look for the siren mounted on the firewall, that will tell you if you have the security system in your car.

Thanks man, but will you be interested in posting a picture of "siren mounted on the firewall" so that I can compare it to mine. And where can I buy that chipped key (black base)"?
dhman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Freakin Scooters
 
LynchburgCSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Richmond, VA & Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 10,472
Gameroom cash: $1423545
Thanks: 310
Thanked 427 Times in 396 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
View LynchburgCSI's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhman06 View Post
Thanks man, but will you be interested in posting a picture of "siren mounted on the firewall" so that I can compare it to mine. And where can I buy that chipped key (black base)"?
Chipped key = dealer only.

Look for something similar to this under the hood:

__________________


Honda Scoots Galore

TOTALED: '03 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4L, '96 Camry LE 5S
LynchburgCSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to LynchburgCSI For This Useful Post:
dhman06 (05-02-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View dhman06's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgCSI View Post
Chipped key = dealer only.

Look for something similar to this under the hood:

Thank you, Sir. I really appreciate the help.
dhman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
ToyotaNation.com is an independent Toyota/Lexus enthusiast website. ToyotaNation.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. The Toyota, Lexus and Scion names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.