Toyota Entune - compatiblity with Apple iOS 6 / iPhone 5? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Toyota Entune - compatiblity with Apple iOS 6 / iPhone 5?

Hi all-

Going to buy a Sienna soon and considering the purchase of the nav system with Entune. Here's what I want to know from any of you early-adopters who have upgraded your iPhones with iOS 6, or have even purchased a new iPhone 5.

How's the compatiblity? Does everything work right - music, podcasts, other audio sources (Pandora, etc.) on the iPhone 5 or older iPhone upgraded to iOS 6? Any glitches or missing functionality?

I'm especially interested to verify compatiblity with iPhone 5 / iPod Touch 5G, as these have the newer docking connector and require a new USB cable to hook up to the car.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2012, 03:04 PM
CapoIndian

DS -

I currently purchased my iPhone 5 w/ iOS 6 yesterday. Since apple was nice enough to change the connector to lighting. My Entune application on my iPhone 5 keeps crashing when I launch it. I'm not sure if its a compatibility issue with the new lightning connector or something else. But my old iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6 worked well if using the old connector. Hopefully Toyota, will come out with a patch to get us Entune users on iPhone 5's working again.

Oscar
#3 Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Oscar, keep us posted on how it goes. I expect Toyota would update the Entune app for iOS 6/iPhone 5 compatibility ASAP.

Without the Entune app, can you still play music, podcasts, etc. from the iPhone on your system?
#4 Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 AM
New TN User

I've got an iphone 5 and have Entune w/ standard navigation in a 2012 Camry. Entune applications are not working but it does function fine as an ipod tethered to the audio. Everything except for Entune appears to work fine. Bluetooth phone and music both have great sound quality. People are telling my I sound much better then I did on my Droid 2 through the Bluetooth connection.
#5 Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM
New TN User

Hey,

If you search entune on app store, you will see a small description that says for iphone 5 users having issues, uninstall and re-install the program. When re-installed, the new entunes will be installed fixing all the crash bug. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saigon562 For This Useful Post:
rattlers88 (10-02-2012)
#6 Old 10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
New TN User

I have a 2012 Prius. When I had my iPhone 4 (iOS5.1), everything worked as it should have. Now, with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6, I see I'll need to replace Entune to get that to work.

However, the biggest problem I'm having is that I cannot answer a phone call with the handsfree option; I have to answer it on my iPhone and then hit the button on my Prius display to switch to handsfree. That's not good.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Has anyone found a way to fix that?
#7 Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
New TN User

I bought a 2013 Tacoma this past Sunday (09/30) and currently have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6.0.

I can connect with bluetooth and play music just fine and I can also connect via the USB cable and play music/connect to Entune and talk on the phone just fine.

One issue I'm having though is using Siri. I'll admit I'm not super tech savvy, but I get by. In my last car, I was using a Jabra Cruiser to play music, connect with Siri and talk on the phone. I would often ask Siri to read me text messages that had come in and would use Siri to respond to them.

I'm having trouble doing that with the navigation/Entune in my new Tacoma. I have found out how to adjust the volume for the phone as well as for the navigation because at first I wasn't able to hear people that called me or the directions the Navigation system was giving me.

Now that I've got the volume levels I've found set at the levels I need, does anyone know if that's going to allow me to use Siri now? For some reason, while sitting in traffic, I think up all kinds of things I want to add as a note or set a reminder for and I've been frustrated lately because I haven't been able to do this and as a result am forgetting stuff.

Help!

Matt
#8 Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 AM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFos View Post
I have a 2012 Prius. When I had my iPhone 4 (iOS5.1), everything worked as it should have. Now, with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6, I see I'll need to replace Entune to get that to work.

However, the biggest problem I'm having is that I cannot answer a phone call with the handsfree option; I have to answer it on my iPhone and then hit the button on my Prius display to switch to handsfree. That's not good.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Has anyone found a way to fix that?
I am having the same problem with my 2012 Camry. It is very iritating and I cant figure out what changed.
#9 Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 AM
New TN User

iPhone 5 bluetooth issues with entune

Confirming there is a problem with the bluetooth handsfree with the iPhone 5. Now just need to get someone to fix it....

From Toyota:

"We apologize for the concerns you have experienced utilizing the iPhone 5 through the Bluetooth system on your new Camry.

After researching your situation, we have found that there is a known issue with Bluetooth connectivity specific to the iPhone 5. The phone, instead of using Bluetooth is grabbing the call back so that it is only available through the handset. Toyota is working to address this issue but please understand it is not specific to Toyota, many different vehicle brand customers are experiencing the same issue.

Our best recommendation is to continually review the Toyota Entune website, http://www.toyota.com/entune, for any updates as well as contacting Apple for information from their side.

We again apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused."
#10 Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM
F4E
New TN User

iPhone 5 and 2013 Highlander Limited

The iPhone 5 handsfree incoming call does not work correctly with my 2013 Highlander. You cannot answer incoming calls using the steering wheel answer button. As far as I can tell all the other iPhone 5 features appear to be working OK. Not having handsfsree incoming call capability is really gross. Apparently Infinity owners are getting a fix for their cars through their dealers. Cannot see that there is anything approaching a fix for the HL or other affected Toyota cars.
#11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
F4E
New TN User

IOS 6.1 iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4E View Post
The iPhone 5 handsfree incoming call does not work correctly with my 2013 Highlander. You cannot answer incoming calls using the steering wheel answer button. As far as I can tell all the other iPhone 5 features appear to be working OK. Not having handsfsree incoming call capability is really gross. Apparently Infinity owners are getting a fix for their cars through their dealers. Cannot see that there is anything approaching a fix for the HL or other affected Toyota cars.
Just installed IOS 6.1 update to iPhone 5 operating system and it appears to have solved the bluetooth incoming call problem on my 2013 Highlander. Will monitor calls today to confirm it continues to work.
#12 Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
New TN User

Siri does not seem to work on my 2013 Yaris / iphone 5. Any thoughts? Calls can be made....
#13 Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
New TN User

I've got a 2013 Pv5 and Entune is giving me fits. It won't work in iPod mode with my iOS6 iPhone 4S. It makes me sick that Toyota has all this tech in their cars and they can't manage to to fix a problem such as this! iOS 6 has been out for a while. It was made available to developers a year ago. This should not be happening. My Toyota dealer tells me that it's an Entune issue that Toyota knows about and expects to fix.......... sometime......... Ha! I wish they would just cross license Ford's Sync. Our other car is a C-Max and there are no issues there! I am very disappointed in Toyota.
#14 Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsherpa View Post
I've got a 2013 Pv5 and Entune is giving me fits. It won't work in iPod mode with my iOS6 iPhone 4S. It makes me sick that Toyota has all this tech in their cars and they can't manage to to fix a problem such as this! iOS 6 has been out for a while. It was made available to developers a year ago. This should not be happening. My Toyota dealer tells me that it's an Entune issue that Toyota knows about and expects to fix.......... sometime......... Ha! I wish they would just cross license Ford's Sync. Our other car is a C-Max and there are no issues there! I am very disappointed in Toyota.
I have a 2013 Tacoma with the Entune system. I also have a 4S with iOS 6. Things aren't perfect, but it works. What are you having issues with?
#15 Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
New TN User

Iphone5 & 2013 Tundra

My iphone5 phonebook names don't show up on my 2013 Tundra radio(no navigation). It says "No Name". How can I transfer the phonebook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech