2003 Camry SE sound system / EFI noise - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-02-2005, 09:05 AM
jlw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Question 2003 Camry SE sound system / EFI noise

I recently purchased a used 2003 Camry and there is an annoying buzzing coming from the sound system. The noise is apparent whenever the radio / CD is on and the key is in the ON position whether the car is running or not. It does not make the noise when the car is in the ACC position. The buzzing noise can be faintly heard under the hood when the radio is off as well. Through process of elimination (removing one fuse at a time) I traced the origin of the noise to the EFI system. It may be a sensor dampener or pump on the fuel delivery system. This noise continues for about three seconds when the key is turned off. The noise seems to be amplified by the sound system, but not when the CD is shuffling between discs or tracks. I saw a similar post on another forum for a 2005 camry that had a similar problem. The dealer fix in that case was to replace the head unit in the sound system, which did not fix the problem. My car is no longer under warranty and I was wondering if anyone else out there has had the same problem and maybe has a solution or some insight. Thanks, Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech