Toyota Nation Forum banner

Keyless Entry Question on XRunner

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  cam2Xrunner 
#1 ·
Im about to purchase a new XRunner and want to know what the difference is between the stock Keyless entry system and this Tacoma Remote Security System-QS10 $329 that is an option if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

#2 ·
Welcome to TN, and congratultations on the soon to be purchase. That link doesn't have anything to do with an alarm.

Anyways, I say skip that, you can get a Viper 2 way responder with remote start for about the same price installed.

Also the truck already has an alarm, it just doesn't have the glass breakage sensor.

#3 ·
So thats the only difference? is the glass break sensor, the reason I ask is cause I already have a CLifford off my old car the 3.5 Matrix. But I would rather sell that for 400 dollar cause the dealer was going to give us that alarm for free instead of the stock keyless. Was wondering if it was worth it or should I pay the 150 to have the clifford installed.

#4 ·
The dealer was going to give us the toyota alarm, now the clifford to clerify my statement. And I was just gonna sell the Clifford Matrix 3.5

#6 ·
looney05 said:
So thats the only difference? is the glass break sensor, the reason I ask is cause I already have a CLifford off my old car the 3.5 Matrix. But I would rather sell that for 400 dollar cause the dealer was going to give us that alarm for free instead of the stock keyless. Was wondering if it was worth it or should I pay the 150 to have the clifford installed.
For the most part yeah. The truck does have the factory alarm, which will go off if the doors are unlocked from inside once you have locked the car. Also the XRunner has the immobilizer in the Key.

Also when a dealer says they are going to give you the alarm for free, most of the time it really isn't free, they've usualy calculated that on the first "pencil" when they tell you the payment.
(I've sold Toyota's for 3 years now)

Personally in you situation I would sell the Clifford for 400 bucks if you've got a buyer for it, if the dealer is willing to give you the Toyota VipRS3200 alarm for free, tell them to give it to you uninstalled, then hawk it on ebay.

Then buy another Clifford/Viper 791Xv off the internet for 200 bucks shipped, and you'll be set :D

Make sure you aren't actually paying for the alarm if they are telling you it's free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.