Toyota Nation Forum banner

Subs and amp selection

885 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tdotcamry 
#1 ·
hey,

97 camry with a JVC HU, 6.5 JVC's up front and Pioneer's 6*9 A6960R in the rear.

I need some more bass and was considering:

Subs

1 10inch pioneer W256 R
or
1 10 inch alpine 1030W

Amps
Pioneer 7100-M

I would even consider a pair of subs. wht do you guys think.

only looking at bestbuy or future shop.

tks for all the help.

#2 ·
Are you limited to those two places to shop? What's your budget, and what were you planning on paying for that setup? I guarentee you can do much better if you buy online.

I would recomend either the Image Dynamics ID10V3 from sounddomain, or the Soundsplinter RL-i 10" www.soundsplinter.com

Both are affordable and will have much better sound quality, and probably get louder than those Pioneer's or Alpine's.

#3 ·
Don't do Best Buy. They will sucker you into buying their cheap shit and say their products are top notch. Bunch of crap. If you do you will end up buying a pre fab box and that will just sound horrible. My suggestions is make your own box it isnt that hard and itsa a great experience. . Amps i would go with profile its cheap and has alot of power.

#5 · (Edited)
TakeABao said:
start fishin' around on eBay.
I work at Best Buy and yes, Texas is right. Stay the fuck away. The car audio guys in my store don't know their asses from their elbows about it. Ex: "What's xmax?!"
In my experience, BestBuy is really only good for sale items if you know what you're getting. There is some good AV equipment is there,but you need to know what you're looking for, but you'll pay for it. BestBuy IMO is for people who don't know anything about what they are buying or what they really want and rely on the sales people for information which they assume to be accurate.

I was there once in the past before I learned all about car audio here and the guy was trying to sell me 3 way or 4 way 6.5" speakers when I was asking about component speakers. He told told me some Infinity model was the best that I could get or something. I end up with a set of Polk db components that I bought from Cardomain. Oh well...live and learn.
My suggesttion if you must get it locally, go to a local car audio shop.

TakeABao: what do you do or sell at BB?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.