how to set up garage door remote - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
2nd Generation (2007-2013) Discussion of the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tundra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
how to set up garage door remote

Hi, I cannot figure out how to set up my garage door openers on the mirror of my truck to run the garage door,
I thought it would be as simple as when you activate the openers the garage door company gives you when you press the learn button on the garage door and then pressing the button on the remote opener so I tried that using the garage remote on the mirror of the truck on the mirror to activate it but it does not seem to work, can someone give me the run down on how to do this properly.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 PM
New TN User

I just do the setting to my gaage door roday, with a universal remote, first find out what brand name and model on your garage door opener, than google it, for the installation instruction, than start from there. It take me a few minutes to set it up, may be you try to push the smart learn button on your garage door opener, than run to your truck to push that button, if it set up, your garage door opener light will blink once. than you all set.... it is very depand on your garage door opener what model.
Wish you luck
#3 Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Official TN Member

I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet either. I briefly read the manual and it said something to the effect of needing 2 people. You need to press a button on the mechanism that is on the roof (center) of your garage so that the truck can pick up the signal. If you find an easy way to do it yourself, please post it. I haven't had a chance or the time to have someone help me.
#4 Old 08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Official TN Member

Open your owner's manual. It does a wonderful job of explaining how to do this.
#5 Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Official TN Member

#6 Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
Manuals are for girls
I'm not about to read my manual to him, so if he can't figure it out on his own he better crack open the manual. And with these trucks, there's a wealth of information in the manual that you would never stumble upon if you didn't read it, or so I hear.
#7 Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
New TN User

I have two "lift master" garage door openers But, I would imagine they are all the same

If you havn't done so already, make sure and push and hold the two outside buttons until the red light flashes, this will reset it

I had my truck parked outside just in front of the garage doors. I went into garage, and pushed the little button on the back of the opener itself. A red light flashes on mine. Then I walked back to my truck and pushed and held the first button. Wait for the red light on the mirror to flash rapidly and then it should be programmed. Did the same with the other door and ditto I hope that helps.
#8 Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
I did eventually pull out the owners manual and figured it out, the reason I had to do it is because someone broke into my truck and stole the remote, I didnt notice the remote was gone until I then came to my house and the garage door was opened and my mountain bikes and a few other things were stolen from the garage, so something for people to keep in mind, get rid of the garage door remotes that you clip onto your visors, there a theifs dream come true,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > 2nd Generation (2007-2013)