Toyota Nation Forum banner

2013 Highlander TPMS light ?

11K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  funman1 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife's 2013 Highlander has the TPMS light on. All 5 tires have at least 30 PSI. Unable to find any reset switch. Unable to find on the multi-function display the 5 tire pressure values. The model is a limited without GPS. This light just recently came on. Any help would really be appreciated.:smile:

I finely found the reset switch and it does not turn out the TPMS light. I pushed the switch and the TPMS will flash slowly 3 times and remain on. The switch is on the drivers right side next to the steering column & faces the floor. Just to the right, 3" to 4", of where the steering column goes through the dash is a bolt that holds the bottom of the dash. About 3/4" to the left of this mounting bolt head is the black reset switch facing down.

I fixed the TPMS problem which seemed to be some metal that was stored in the back over the spare tire. I believe that the antenna that detects the 5 tire sensors is located in the roof of the HL toward the rear and the metal was blocking the spare tire sensor wireless signal. I will monitor and report any new status. Thanks

#2 ·
Yes, a light that is just on solid from the moment you turn on the car forever is a low tire.
If the light BLINKS for a few seconds when turning the car ON, means it has lost communication with one or more sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.