Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Install - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)

2nd Generation (2008-2013) Forum dedicated to the discussion of 2nd generation Toyota Highlanders.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View PLamarine's Photo Gallery
Thumbs up Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Install

Well, having already removed my head unit to install the PIE Ipod adapter, I removed it again to install a Parrot CK3100 LCD Bluetooth Hands Free Kit.

I bought it here and used the Toyota harness which makes installation a snap:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

The install was very straightforward and the harness is goof proof, since the connections only fit together if they are done correctly. I ran the microphone to the pillar adjacent to the driver side door, and mounted the LCD display unit using the vent adapter included with the CK3100 kit (there were several different adapters for mounting both the microphone and the LCD unit) on the air vent to the left of the center display.

Well, let me tell you this thing rocks! When a call comes in, all speakers are muted and the LCD displays the number (and name if it is in your cell phonebook). The unit automatically syncs with your cell once you start the car, and the LCD reads out battery life on the cell, and the signal strength of the cell. There are voice commands to make calls, and keywords to use the phone (eg "Telephone" to make a call, etc.).

I found this post prior to ordering my unit right here on TN that was helpful:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t169013.html

Anyone that did not get the factory bluetooth and has a need for hands free should give this kit a look see. Only $200 and an easy do it yourself.

2008 Silver Metallic Highlander Sport 4WD; TRD Air Filter, Body Side Moldings, 100% synthetic 5W-30 Amsoil, TRD Shift Knob, PIE Ipod Adapter, running boards, factory tow hitch, Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Hands Free Kit, Inalfa ASI 840 Sunroof.
PLamarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View HighDef's Photo Gallery
Parrot Car Kits and Harnesses

Check out www.safewireless.com

They have special bundled pricing on the car kits and the harnesses, it seems to be a pretty good deal.

I bought a MK6100 and a harness for my Tundra for $240, I called their office to ask some questions and they even gave me a Bluetooth Adapter for my iPhone with my order. Two Thumbs up!

It's real nice to get good service nowadays!
HighDef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM

Gameroom cash: $431525
View glenn14's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDef View Post
Check out www.safewireless.com

They have special bundled pricing on the car kits and the harnesses, it seems to be a pretty good deal.

I bought a MK6100 and a harness for my Tundra for $240, I called their office to ask some questions and they even gave me a Bluetooth Adapter for my iPhone with my order. Two Thumbs up!

It's real nice to get good service nowadays!
I have a 2009 Camry with no bluetooth so any of these kits can convert your stock HU to having bluetooth????
Its that easy ??? I am going to give this a looksie thanks..........

Glenn

Last edited by glenn14; 07-19-2009 at 01:06 PM.
glenn14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)