Slip Indicator Light - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)

2nd Generation (2008-2013) Forum dedicated to the discussion of 2nd generation Toyota Highlanders.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Gail Rachel's Photo Gallery
Slip Indicator Light

Hello,
My '08 Highlander is 6 weeks old and generally running beautifully. The other day, while driving up a gentle hill, that we take every day, on dry ground, the Slip Indicator Light starting flashing for no reason. Then a few days later it happened again on the highway, again nothing special going on, driving 50 mph, going straight, nothing remarkable and an annoying honking sound went off in my car. It stopped after 30 seconds but was wondering if anyone can guess what is going on with this car? It seems like a little glitch in the system to me, because in both cases there was nothing remarkable happening to set off alarms.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gail
Gail Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View wonger's Photo Gallery
its just telling you that the wheels are slipping.. and it will automatically correct for it.. if the slip is very little the corrections gonna be small as well. so it may not be noticed
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View Gail Rachel's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonger View Post
its just telling you that the wheels are slipping.. and it will automatically correct for it.. if the slip is very little the corrections gonna be small as well. so it may not be noticed
Thanks for your response Wonger, I just can't figure out why the wheels would start slipping when I am going straight at 20 mph on dry road. I am wondering if there is something going on with the wheels. I can understand if the roads are icy, or the car gets a little out of control at a high speed but this was the most mundane circumstances. Do you know if this is just a normal part of using the vehicle?
Gail Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User

View 09 green highlander's Photo Gallery
Slip indicator light stayed on in 09 Limited without 4WD with 6800 miles. Dealership had to replace yaw sensor free of charge since still under warranty.
09 green highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)