Tire Options and Reviews - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)

2nd Generation (2008-2013) Forum dedicated to the discussion of 2nd generation Toyota Highlanders.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View dallen3737's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1-superstar View Post
I'm on my second set of Stones Dueler H/L Alenzas. They are Excellent tires!!! I have towed trailers to and from the race track, drive to the ski resorts, and tread through thick snow and icy roads including heavy rain. These tires offer high mileage and great traction on my 03 Sequoia. I highly recommend them. And they are QUIET.

Oh, and I always get mt tires from Costco...less than $700 installed after coupons.

Costco usually has the best prices, but have never been too impressed with the installers at mine. Always love watching them use the impact wrench ( no torque stick used ) to put them on and ten go back with the torque wrench. I've always been lucky to have a contact who gets me the friends and family discount on parts and labor. The mark up on tires is outrageous. I can usually save around $150 to $200 below Tire Rack and then borrow my buddy's shop to install them. Two of the things I never go cheap on is tires and brakes.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $122050
Garage
View r1-superstar's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen3737 View Post
Costco usually has the best prices, but have never been too impressed with the installers at mine. Always love watching them use the impact wrench ( no torque stick used ) to put them on and ten go back with the torque wrench. I've always been lucky to have a contact who gets me the friends and family discount on parts and labor. The mark up on tires is outrageous. I can usually save around $150 to $200 below Tire Rack and then borrow my buddy's shop to install them. Two of the things I never go cheap on is tires and brakes.
What do you think the dealer uses? Costco is strict with their tire installation procedures. The air gun is set to tighten to a certain point. Then the Tire Shop Supervisor or Manager has to manually torque down to spec.
r1-superstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View dallen3737's Photo Gallery
Last time I went to Costco ( about 5 years ago ) they torqued the lugs on my 2002 Denali to about 175 and broke 2 studs in the process. They also had 4 ounces of weight on one tires and I asked him to break down the tire and spin it 180 degrees and rebalance. That's not a Costco problem, it's a don't give a crap attitude you can run in to anywhere you go.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
New TN User

View mfogarty5's Photo Gallery
New OEM Tire Options

Hello! This is my first post here at toyotanation. I've been lurking for awhile and really like our 2011 Highlander Limited. Below are some great options that I didn't see in the original list in the 245/55/19 size.

1. Continental CrossContact LX20 - This tire is highly rated by Consumer Reports, was rated a best buy by Consumers Digest and gets great reviews at tire rack.

2. Continental CrossContact LX Sport - This tire gets great reviews at tire rack.

3. Nitto NT850 Plus CUV - This tire has over 100 positive reviews at tire buyer.

4. Michelin Latitude Tour HP - This has to be new because I haven't seen it listed at tirerack in the 245/55/19 size until today.

I've got 28,000 miles on the Toyo A20s and will probably replace them at the 30,000 mile mark when I get an oil change.

Now I just have to decide between the ones above and the Firestone Destination LE2s!

Last edited by mfogarty5; 06-25-2013 at 09:52 PM.
mfogarty5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
New TN User

View vyslouzil's Photo Gallery
The Pirelli ATR in 19 was discontinued last year. I just ripped a sidewall and I'm in a tough spot (255/55/19). Such a rare tire and I can't find anything used either.

It doesn't appear anything is left for the 19 inch HL in AT.
vyslouzil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > 2nd Generation (2008-2013)