How to make a Complaint to Toyota Corporate - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > Tacoma Lounge

Tacoma Lounge General chit chat for truck owners

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Yo quiero Taco 4 wheel!

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View CornfedTaco's Photo Gallery
How to make a Complaint to Toyota Corporate

Can someone please direct me to Toyota Corporate (either email or 1-800 number)? I need to file a complaint against a sales manager and stealership. Details to follow soon...Thanks in advance.

CornfedTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

View Trail Gator's Photo Gallery
1-800-Toyota
Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Softball God

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View WilsonTheDog's Photo Gallery
^Yup.

More info here: corporate complaining
2014.5 Toyota Camry SE I4
WilsonTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yo quiero Taco 4 wheel!

Gracias!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
GO GATORS!!

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
View Jredneck480's Photo Gallery
its not gonna help or do anything. i tried this a year ago when they not only denied warranty on my truck but also pointers. and then the dm was an asswhole to my mother and i.

Jredneck480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View eye one's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornfedTaco View Post
Details to follow soon...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
SWB Fo' Life

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
View blackhawke88's Photo Gallery
if you found a 20 stash in your taco, it's not toyota's fault, it's mine
blackhawke88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
2x Tacoma Owner

View estecoca's Photo Gallery
Corporate

I called corporate about the issue I had with the fender-flare trim coming off of my 2001 Tacoma. Before then, dealership after dealership offered the same BS solution: we'll replace it with another faulty strip and f-up something else in the process. And, the whole time they made it seem like I was putting them out by making them work on it. Well, after I called the 1-800, I got the royal treatment. Multiple levels of mgmt calling me back to schedule the fix, 4Runner as a loaner, lots of ass kissing. They still didnt have a good solution, but at least their tune changed.

Look at this way, by the time you are contemplating calling them, you prolly have nothing much to lose.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
forget about "tsb's"

Gameroom cash: $110100
View 6shooter's Photo Gallery
well...
let's hear your story.
6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
M2M
New TN User

View M2M's Photo Gallery
start here -
http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/t..._intercept.php
M2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
New TN User

View jbs1976's Photo Gallery
Wow, I feel so lucky. My dealership bends over backwards for anything I need, any question I have, or any concern I have. Then again, it's in a small town (5,000), and the dealership is run by a family and I think most of the family works there. I've always said when buying a car, go to the smaller dealerships. You pay the same price for the car, but you get personalized treatment.
jbs1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
INDIGO ASADA TACO

View dsignguy_35's Photo Gallery
my local dealership service mgr. was a complete A_hole to me and refused to do a lot of warranty work and tsb work (my a/c compressor was bad, and I had a few tsb issues). I went back a few days later and talked to a different service mgr...this one confirmed my problem with the a/c and ordered the parts....two weeks goes by and no call, so I stop by I'm greeted by the first service mgr (A$$HOLE DELUX), who actually says "what are you doing here, what do you want" so I answer with " I brought my truck back, it was doing the a/c noise. two of the mechanics and the other service mgr agreed it was bad and ordered the parts. I just want to know if they're in yet and when you guys can fix my truck" then A-hole has the balls to say " I saw the parts last week. who did you talk to? who ordered these parts for you? who looked at you truck?"
At that point i knew he would most likely keep my truck for 2 days and not fox a damn thing, so I went home anc called toyota directly. The guy on the phone made a report, but said there really wasn't much they could do....However, a week later I got a call from the dealership mgr. baically kissing my a$$ and a huge apology. ...so it did do me some good.

In the end, I told them to stick it, and I now take my truck to the toyota place in glendale. they treat me like a king, no questions asked.

I would definately advise all of you NOT to go to B.S. toyota in La Crescenta (thats they're real initials....how appropriate)
dsignguy_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red Headed Slut

View Rodge's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsignguy_35 View Post
my local dealership service mgr. was a complete A_hole to me and refused to do a lot of warranty work and tsb work (my a/c compressor was bad, and I had a few tsb issues). I went back a few days later and talked to a different service mgr...this one confirmed my problem with the a/c and ordered the parts....two weeks goes by and no call, so I stop by I'm greeted by the first service mgr (A$$HOLE DELUX), who actually says "what are you doing here, what do you want" so I answer with " I brought my truck back, it was doing the a/c noise. two of the mechanics and the other service mgr agreed it was bad and ordered the parts. I just want to know if they're in yet and when you guys can fix my truck" then A-hole has the balls to say " I saw the parts last week. who did you talk to? who ordered these parts for you? who looked at you truck?"
At that point i knew he would most likely keep my truck for 2 days and not fox a damn thing, so I went home anc called toyota directly. The guy on the phone made a report, but said there really wasn't much they could do....However, a week later I got a call from the dealership mgr. baically kissing my a$$ and a huge apology. ...so it did do me some good.

In the end, I told them to stick it, and I now take my truck to the toyota place in glendale. they treat me like a king, no questions asked.

I would definately advise all of you NOT to go to B.S. toyota in La Crescenta (thats they're real initials....how appropriate)
Sounds like the service manager at Performance Toyota in PA. He's about 4'9". MAJOR Napolean complex if you ask me.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View toyotatrd07's Photo Gallery
so when are these details coming.....
toyotatrd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Yo quiero Taco 4 wheel!

Complaint

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this, been very busy with work. Anyhow, long story short....well, I'll try to make it short. I live in Illinois. I negotiated the sale of my newest Taco via internet sales at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix, Arizona. Most of my family lives in the Phoenix area, and the one way flight cost me $89.00, so the trip was not a big deal. The truck had to be ordered. I put a $500.00 cash deposit down on the truck approximately one month before it was actually delivered. Before the order was placed, I asked them to fax me a copy of the order invoice so that I could verify that it was in fact what I wanted. There was a $350.00 charge listed for something called "PermaPlate". I inquired what this was. The salesperson informed me that it was an appearance protection package that comes on all of the vehicles sold at Camelback. I asked the salesperson to have that option removed, because it was not something that I was interested in. He assured me that it had been removed. When the truck had finally been delivered, I spoke with the salesman on the phone about the final details of the sale of my new truck. He really wanted me to finance it with Camelback, but I declined. I had my bank wire Camelback Toyota the amount of the entire purchase price, 4 days before I was to pick up the vehicle. My bank wired the money, and subsequently received confirmation that the funds had been received. I spoke with the salesman on the phone the following day to verify that the funds had been received, and then asked him if he could have the truck and all paperwork ready when I arrived, because I was going to be on a tight schedule. He assured me that everything would be ready. I arrived on the date and time that I specified that I would be there. Needless to say, neither the dealership nor the salesperson were prepared to deliver the truck. The paperwork had not even been started. They could not find the keys to the truck. No one at the dealership knew anything about, or was able to confirm that my wired funds had been received. No one knew anything about anything! I was expecting to be in and out. I sat around for 3 hours while the salesman scrambled around trying to get the paperwork ready. During that time, I was required to sit in finance for almost an hour, while they ran a credit check on me, prepared what they called a "back up contract", and then tried to pressure me into buying additional warranties and after market options. Needless to say, I almost walked out. My money had already been wired and confirmed as having been received, and this was all BULLSHIT! Once the purchase agreement was typed up and presented to me, I noticed that the PermaPlate option had not been removed. When I pointed this out to the salesman, he of course apologized, and then said that he would need to OK an option deletion with his boss. You can pretty much guess how that went. After having sat in finance, and argued over the details of the purchase agreement, I was sent to another office to apply for Arizona title and registration. I informed them that I was not an Arizona resident, and really only wanted a temporary drive away permit to get me back to Illinois. They insisted that I had to apply for Arizona title and registration, as this was standard procedure when purchasing a vehicle in Arizona. I was told that I would have to transfer the Arizona title when I got back to Illinois (more money). I know this is not the case. I am still trying to iron this SNAFU out. I was sent away with one key and one key fob (remote). I was assured by the salesman that that another key and key fob would be immediately shipped to me. I still have yet to see either of them. Anyhow....fast forward several weeks. I have contacted the salesman about the key and key fob, and all he can do is apologize, pass blame, and assure me that they are on the way. He called me the other day and said that "we" forgot to sign the rebate form. He informed me that he was overnight shipping this rebate form to me so that I could sign it. I informed him that I would be happy to sign the form after I received the key and key fob that he had repeatedly promised me. His tone quickly changed. He said that I had not fulfilled my end of the contract, and that before I received my key, key fob, and title, all documents must be signed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This idiot was threatening to withhold something that I had already paid for. This is where I lost it...and dealerships and car salesmen wonder why they have such a bad rap. I called Toyota Corporate and filed a complaint against Camelback Toyota and the salesman. The next morning, I received a phone call from the customer service manager at Camelback. She started by apologizing, then advised me that she personally would overnight ship me a new key, key fob, a check for $50 to have the key fob programmed, and a separate check for $25 for my trouble. I asked her about the title. She said that the application for title had already been forwarded. Sorry for the long rant, and thanks for listening.

Last edited by CornfedTaco; 04-26-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > Tacoma Lounge