Toyota Nation Forum banner

Scion is Getting a Sedan

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ECHOKnight2000 
#1 ·

Scion announced plans today for the 2015 New York Auto Show where it will debut two new vehicles.

The first will be a production version of the iM concept that it showcased during the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, 2014. When it debuted in concept form, Scion said it planned to begin producing the car – based on the Toyota Auris – in 2015. Details on the five-door compact hatchback are still unannounced, but that wasn’t all the news from Toyota’s youth-oriented brand today.

It also confirmed plans to debut a sedan in New York. Details on that car are even sketchier, but its debut will mark the first time Scion has a sedan in its lineup. The company hasn’t announced anything about the sedan apart from plans to show it in some form during this year’s New York Auto Show, but we have previously reported, the sedan will be based on the same architecture as the new Mazda2 being built in Salamanca, Mexico.

Scion desperately needs new products. Sales were down by 15 percent in 2014 and there wasn’t a single nameplate. Worse still, sales shrunk for every Scion nameplate. The tC, Scion’s top volume seller, moved 17,947 copies last year representing a six percent decrease, which was also the least severe of of the brand.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/01/scion-im-new-sedan-to-debut-at-ny-auto-show.html

See less See more
#2 ·
So replace the xD with a bigger hatch and bring a sedan. uh. They sure know their products. I like the Auris but I think the Scion name is so toxic I just don't know if it will do it justice or any new product unless it were really a performance model. Of course I know price will rise. I bet the FR-S will sell more if it were a Toyota. I digress. I'm surprised no Scion bus, Zythr must still be working on it.

#6 ·
Yeah redundant. But that's why Scion isnt' selling. One reason. Poser pricey brand. Also last time I checked a sedan and hatch aren't new. They act like they are re-inventing the wheel in this very competitive segment. Whatever. Toyota is very arrogant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.