Toyota Nation Forum banner

2016 Lexus RX 350 to Bow in New York

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  LexusASM 
#1 ·

Lexus plans to show off the updated 2016 RX crossover at the 2015 New York Auto Show.

Spy photos have already given us a glimpse of the 2016 RX, showing a new design and slightly larger proportions. The RX is set to grow in size to make space for the smaller Lexus NX and it may even adopt a third row of seating.
Read more about the 2016 Lexus RX 350 to Bow in New York at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#7 ·
The new Harrier (XU60) is smaller then the RX and Highlander, is closer in size with the NX. The new Harrier is currently only on sale in Japan and is placed there as a replacement for the Vanguard, which in turn was the long wheelbase 3rd generation RAV4 (XA30) with a different grill. So it would not be logical for Lexus to base the 4th gen RX on the Harrier as it will then be to much a NX. A growth of size would be more logical to put some distance between the two models.

#8 ·
Looks about right, headlights seems to take the new "Lexus" shape. As for the Highlander having more room - sure it does, but not everyone wants a 3-row crossover.. an RX is the perfect size for me.. I just wish I bought one..

#11 ·
Just some figures, based on wheelbase:
XA30 Toyota RAV4 (europe / Japan 3rd gen) 2560
AZ10 Lexus NX 2660
XA30 Toyota Vanguard / Toyota RAV4 (u.s. 3rd gen) 2660
XA40 Toyota RAV4 (4th gen) 2660
XU60 Toyota Harrier (Japan, 3rd gen) 2660
AL10 Lexus RX (3rd gen) 2740
XU50 Toyota Highlander (3rd gen) 2790

So based on wheelbase the RX is a bit larger then the NX/RAV4/Harrier, and the Highlander is the biggest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.