#1 Old 07-20-2008, 04:44 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Giving Up.....

So, I know I haven't hardly been on this forum, but I've been trying hard to find things to fix up my girlfriend's 72 Corona MkII.

But, we've finally given up. Her dad decided to get her an 01 Sebring convertible, so we're gonna give the Corona up. It was a cute little car and I thought it could have a lot of potential as a fun little auto-x car, but alas, just needed too much work.

Anyway, the engine is basically perfect. Starts right up and was rebuilt not long ago. Sounds like a DREAM. Has a Webber carb which I believe is supposed to bring the 18R-C up to about 135-140hp. Also has straight pipes from the engine back since it's smog exempt in CA. They look fairly new and sound great. Tranny & clutch seem perfectly fine. Diff is totally shot. Body is in pretty good condition except for the front left 1/4 panel. All the trim is there. Paint is certainly not good, but for a 36 year old car is pretty impressive. Interior is pretty well trashed, but is almost all in tact.

So, what I'd like to know is what my best options are. Would people on here be interested in a part out? Is there a parts collector I could sell it to who'd be interested? I'd like to see north of $1500 or so - is this possible to a 'Rona collector? It looks like it would be an excellent platform for some basic restoration. California car all it's life. Anyone on here interested in it, know someone who would be, or want to start calling dibs on parts? If it looks like there's some reasonable interest I'll post pics. Anywhere I should try to sell it that would cater to people looking for cars of this vintage?

Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

-Chad
(E36 Phantom on Bimmerfest/Bimmerforums/Most of the WWW)

-Chad

:: Jet Black 1998 BMW 540i :: 4.4L V-8 :: 6-Speed Manual :: Sport Package ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Vivir el momento

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,515 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
try posting it up in the for sale section with a few pics of the exterior and interior

who knows, you might get lucky and find a buyer
#3 Old 07-20-2008, 05:07 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, but I'm not sure what it's worth, really. Is it worth close to that based on what I wrote (I know it's hard to judge w/o pics). And are there any good semi-classic car forums that would have a userbase who might be interested in this?

-Chad

:: Jet Black 1998 BMW 540i :: 4.4L V-8 :: 6-Speed Manual :: Sport Package ::
#4 Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Official TN Member

i wish i could help buddy but i am in the same boat. i have a '78 that is in great shape. the car runs great, paint looks new, and interior is pretty good, except for some cracked plastic. the AC still works. i was hoping to get 3000 for it, but of course there are so few of these cars around, especially in south carolina that i dont know what the market is.

I wish I still had my...
1978 Toyota Corona 210,000 miles
20R
5 Speed
Ran like a champ!
#5 Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
bilt not bot

the market is the hard to find classic toyota collector.

ebay seems to be the best bet for selling to those individuals. the cars you guys have are rare, but so are the people that know what they are and want one.

value is extremely dependent on the market here, best bet is ebay
#6 Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Corona is gone.

Sorry I haven't been around much guys. I've took some vacation time to get some personal business straight. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I'll be around more.

To find parts for a 72, maybe you have to put an ad in USA Today or something saying you want to buy parts. Or go on Junkyard Dog, and see what comes up.

Bryan
86 Hilux LE (blue)
Other Toyotas : 79 Corona DLX sedan (Mint green), 89 Corolla DX sedan (wine), 88 Camry V6 LE sedan (blk), 86 Hilux std bed (wine), 82 Celica GT hatchback (bwn), 78 Celica GT coupe (slvr), 76 Corolla SR-5 coupe (wht)
#7 Old 08-03-2008, 07:07 PM
73GTV

California has a free paper called the Recycler which features ads for a lot of Older cars in the L.A. area. It is also available online at www.recycler.com. with some time and patience, you may be able to find what you require; or post a ad for what you are trying to sell. Look at T.O.R.C., the owners club is also a good place to advertise. Market value shifts with the demand and the interest around each major event. Hope this helps.

Last edited by 73GTV; 08-03-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum