Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: memphis tn
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
New corona owner
I just recently bought a 73 corona wagon MK2 as in just bought yesterday ! it is the inline 6 carbed autotragic
i have several plans but cant find much info on them other than wiki stuff
i have several questions that i did not see in the forums and not sure were to find them
1 i plan on doing a 1JZ-TT 5 speed swap "what will i need "i.e. motor mounts ,wiring for the body to engine harness,drive shaft, wiring diagram for the engine to gauge cluster etc.... all info is very welcome
2. suspension upgrades lowering kits etc..... i do plan on bagging it . due to i have coil springs in the rear not the leafs .
3. interior replacement parts such as . dash cover . carpet. misc trim etc..
4. the front bumper i have looked every where i can think of and know i haven't checked places yall may know about that i don't .
5 the headlights i checked around and noticed the headlights from the E30's bmw are the same size and the same bolt up style but i would like to find if they make an O.E. style headlight i can use for an hid conversion
6 im wanting to do a 5 lug conversion and was wonderind if this is a possible bolt on ,or is it a serous mod i.e. using the 3rd gen supra brakes and spindles to get the 5 lug i want. cause i the rear end in the supra is not a straight axle like the coronas . so what are my options.
7 finding body parts i know will be hard but when i start something i like having extra parts laying around "you never know when you will need them "
8. once the 1j is in the car what are my tuning options .i.e. ostrich , mega squrt etc...
9. this is my second Toyota i have ever owned my other is a mint virgin Gts panda 86 . so my knowledge on yota is very limited in all honest im a Honda man but i love old school Toyota's there a beautiful machine
agian im sorry if some one has already posted this . and asked the same questions i have im on a limited time to check the entire forums for the answers i need i wish i did ive learned alot just from reading the posts i have
"Why no officer im not drunk ! Im drifting Poorly !!!"
1973 Corona MK2 wagon "new project"
1993 Honda civic "swapped and dropped"
1987 civic si hatch "SCCA slut"
1987 corolla gts AE86" stock and beatiful" Not for Sale!!!!
Last edited by RatRod Corona MK2; 08-25-2010 at 04:51 PM.