1973 corona - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum

Corona Forum Specific discussion of the Toyota Corona

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View toyinhawaii's Photo Gallery
1973 corona

Hi All,
Just got the car a little over a month ago and replace the rubbers,oils,plugs,rebuilt the carb,Dist. cap,rotor,etc..the "need to change stuff". This is my part time/when i had time project. Finally fired it up last night, the last time it was on the road was about 7-9 years ago.. Unbeliveable, just finished up rebuilding the carb,put it back on...bled the fuel line and reconnected it to the carb...saw the gas filling up in the site window and varooom..just as smooth as the first day off the lot..had a little condensation and a lil smoke but it all cleared up after about a minute..very strong and steady idle and every thing in the car works..although i had my gleaming bubble bust when i found out the a/c compressor was missing and a/c lines where cut off at the firewall...the lady who had it from day 1 must have taken it to a garage or had someone work on it where the asshole figured he could get one over on her..he took the compressor,bracket and cut off the lines at the firewall..i didn't notice it cut until i removed the washer fluid resivior..she had it ziebarted which is good but kinda messy in some areas. You can see the car in the gallery...

1973 Corona Deluxe 2 DR hardtop ,18RC, automatic (A40) 3 spd
toyinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Corona is gone.

Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 79Corona's Photo Gallery
The worst part is the bracket, everything else can be replaced. Try Junkyarddog.com.
Other Toyotas : 79 Corona DLX sedan (Mint green), 89 Corolla DX sedan (wine), 88 Camry V6 LE sedan (blk), 86 Hilux std bed (wine), 82 Celica GT hatchback (bwn), 78 Celica GT coupe (slvr), 76 Corolla SR-5 coupe (wht)
79Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum