Toyota Nation Forum banner

Rear Look on a 95 Corolla DX

7K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Pete Suhman 
#1 · (Edited)
Out of curiosity, do they sell custom trunk panels?

#2 ·
are you talking about the center trunk panel between the tail lights?? yes they do although I've never seen it sold separately. Usually it comes as a set and most of the time I've never seen one that I like. So I've kept my factory center panel and gone with the altezza tail lights which most people on this forum don't like!!

#3 ·
I chose the clear altezzas because you can use LED bulbs that will show through. The factory lens are clouded red so it won't make a difference if you use LED or PIAA bulbs.

#8 ·
Some models have a rear garnish that flows with the taillights, like Patrick mentioned above.
This is the one I have.

There is an altezza kit for yours that has that piece, but the grey filler piece from the earlier 7th gens may look better with those tails.

#14 ·
Here's some photos I found of a Corolla on CarDomain with the taillights in the second pic. I like the taillights, but the centrepiece seems like it's 'missing' something. Perhaps it needs a Corolla sticker in the middle like the standard ones have. Also, it may just be the photos, but the centrepiece appears to be a slightly different colour than the taillights:

#20 ·
Here's some photos I found of a Corolla on CarDomain with the taillights in the second pic. I like the taillights, but the centrepiece seems like it's 'missing' something. Perhaps it needs a Corolla sticker in the middle like the standard ones have. Also, it may just be the photos, but the centrepiece appears to be a slightly different colour than the taillights:
That's the factory garnish from later Corollas - might be factory tails also, not sure.

I'm 85% sure it used to have individual letters to say Corolla on the back - he probably removed them to "de-badge" the car - or one fell off, so he removed the rest of them.

The color should match, but there are lights behind the tails and not behind the garnish, so ...

#25 ·
Ha Ha! I had this idea 25 years ago.....not in the garnish, but a scrolling sign in both the front and the rear glass, which could be programmed from the drivers seat. I've had MANY occasions where I wanted to convey a message to other drivers in front of, and behind, me. Ultimately, I decided against, as I'm sure it would generate more lawsuits than the Opti-Grab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.