Toyota Nation Forum banner

AE101/102 20V Blacktop swap info

108K views 86 replies 13 participants last post by  byazdaani 
#1 · (Edited)
due to popular demand i will be creating a semi step by step how to swap i did on my 93 corolla when i swapped in my Blacktop 4age from a AE111 Levin. i performed this swap over a year ago so i maybe missing a few things.

it's done please feel free to ask any questions. i will be more than happy to share what i've learned along this build.

on a side note i'm actually looking at another BT and might pick it up tomorrow. if i do i will make my own wiring harness and share that experience here as well.

thanks, JD

#78 ·
not bad on the modification to that header, I also found this site and may be useful. I agree the 20V header and down pipe are really hard to get.

If you have just the header, this company sells a 20V flange. They also sell a manifold but it's for RWD applications like an AE86

http://www.sv3power.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=181

Glad do see you gettin the 20V back up and goin so quick bro, I'd be doing the same thing

#79 ·
i actually got a pipe coming from them too. it's for MR2(the race version) i ordered a bunch of bungs to see what i can get to fit correctly. what happened to your car? mine's been reincarnated, and i only got a few little things. i think to get the 16V header to work correctly, i'll have to add 1/2" below the down pipe flange to clear the oil pan, and also use the rav4 axle with the original stub axle.

#84 ·
sorry i fell off the face of the earth.... went through a divorce and actually sold that car(it was a tempo one anyway). i got a wagon as a replacement, but after running it for a year i had an electrical gremlin and now it don't start. been trying for almost 2 years to get it back up but soon it'll be running again. almost to the point where i'm gonna go SDS and just get it running again. Miss driving a 20V. :crying:

#86 ·
so this is where you're lurking ;) I thought all the threads were dead like my 6th gen threads after the pics all died...

wiring is no problem for me with enough info, I am no stranger to Megasquirt 3 I built a custom harness and ran it for 2 years in my 7agte powered aw11 but I've had this blacktop ae101 swap in the back of my head forever... my mr2 has been down for 2 years after getting caged etc. so I'm doing everything I can to get mine together but finding electrical info is hell and my black top harness was cut...

anyhoo not thread-jacking just haven't been in the scene for a while and I'm hoping ur still around :)

I happened to have another head that has been re-done with Tomei pon-cams and head-studs. the motor is all set with new mounts so hopefully, that part is easy enough I just don't know if I got enough of the harness sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.