Toyota Nation Forum banner

What tires would fit a 15" wheel?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PhatRoyale 
#1 ·
i have a 1993 geo prizm lsi and am looking to get 15" wheels for it. what would be a good tire size to get without them scrubbing in turns and bumping when hitting bumps. i dont want them scrubbing the shocks either. i heard 205/55/15's work but when i looked at them they looked really wide. take note that im going to lower it a couple of inches. thanks in advance.

#4 ·
width as well as offset, and if youre lowered or planning on it.

im lowered on a megan spring drop with 15x7 +25 195/50 15

even with a roll and pull in the rear, if there is enough weight in the car, it WILL rub, just got back from a trip to SF with a couple friends, the rear pass side tire has only half of its sidewall lettering now :D

#7 ·
I had 215/45/17 at one point lol. They were free tires, i couldnt resist. I wouldnt recommend it. The left rear tire was rubbing my strut. Both sides would rub the fender. And when i would turn my wheels they would rub my splash guards. That was with no weight in the car but me. I later put 205/35/17. Still rubbed but not as bad. Later i rolled the fenders and it almost completely went away. Like everyone says 205/50/15 would be fine.

#8 · (Edited)
i ended up going with 195/60/15's. they hit the quarter panels in the back when i hit bumps and it's not even lowered yet. does anyone know what a Geo looks like with the rear quarters rolled? could someone take the last picture from my cardomain and photoshop it? if you can, could you also lower it too?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3187863

(i have new wheels on it. if you don't see it wait a while cause cardomain is being weird)

#9 · (Edited)
i ended up going with 195/60/15's. they hit the quarter panels in the back when i hit bumps and it's not even lowered yet. does anyone know what a Geo looks like with the rear quarters rolled? could someone take the last picture from my cardomain and photoshop it? if you can, could you also lower it too?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3187863
You're rubbing because you didn't go with the correct tire sizes I recommended. :facepalm:

That aspect ratio is much too high for a 15" tire. This results in a taller sidewall, larger radius, diameter and circumference. You should have went with 195/55/15 or 205/50/15 if you have a 7" or wider wheel.

Rolled fenders will pretty much look like stock since all you're doing is pushing the inner fender lip up to allow for more clearance. Take your time and do it properly by renting a fender roller and heating up the fender sufficiently to avoid having the paint crack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.