Thank you JESUS !!! The brake system is finally fixed.
A new master cylinder fixed the issue.
Thanks to many prayers, the support of this forum, and the Good Lord above, I got the brake issue resolved last night.
- I first put the system back together and blew into the right front metal line, hoping to get some bubbles back into the master cyl. - NOTHING
- I then unhooked the back metal line from the master cyl. and I then could blow through it (much fluid came out)
- I then hooked the metal line back up and could not blow into it. - I suspected the compensation port was being blocked (since I cleaned it all out the other day)
- Next, I bled it one more time. (althought the master cylinder never did quite act right)
- I simulated a drive while up on jacks. (left car in PARK), but I let engine run for about five minutes and pumped the brakes 20 times or so
- checked right front wheel and it was locked up tight.
I put on the new master cyl, bench bled, hooked up, bled again.
.....and simulated my test again - wheel always was free after braking !
Drove it around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes and it ran great. Popped it into nuetral a few times and car coasted free.
Thanks to all the guys who took time to share their knowledge with me. This car belongs to a family with two children and they had it down for over 3 months. They were running out of money to put into to it and the "mechanics" that worked on it before me did not do a good job.
I talked to God alot during this process and asked for help. He gave me the patience and piece of mind to stick to it and keep calm while not throwing any wrenches. Not to mention, weather at night here in Indiana has not been pleasant.
I encourage any mechanic who is frustrated to no end, to stop and ask God for help. He has always given me the ablility to get the job done when I asked for His help. You guys are part of those answered prayers. Again, I say "Thank You
If you want to read my other mechanical moments of God helping, check out my blog at: http://www.gearheadgospel.com/
May God bless you in times of Repair and Despair