Toyota Nation Forum banner

Front end suspension noise

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bitter 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got this problem with my 95 Corolla. The front end suspension had been noisy (lot of clunking while going on very irregular roads/damaged roads), so I replaced almost all of the front suspension and steering parts, that included struts, inner tie rods, tie rod ends and ball joints. I've never replaced control arms since I took them out and all bushings seem in pretty good shape. Should they be replacedeven if they "look" fine? Also when it rains and street is fully wet, noise seems to be gone a lot.

Also I've seen on diagramas there's a steering rack bushing that goes inside the rack housing, which I've never replaced. Any inputs on that? Mine's a non-power steering rack.

Thanks!

#4 ·
"lot of clunking while going on very irregular roads/damaged roads"

I'm shocked that a car would clunk while going on those VERY irregular/damaged roads...

#5 ·
well its not really very bad roads, lets say irregular or with some patches, cracks. I've ridden same model Corollas and are very smooth and quiet, as when bought new. So that's why I'm wondering something is worn or bad on mine.

This week I'll take apart the front end again and recheck everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.