#1 Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
SRS Light

Hi, my name is Bob. I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla DX that I have owned since 1998 it has 252,000 miles on it and still runs as good as the day I bought it.

My horn quit working so I took off the steering wheel cover and found that the wire for the horn was moving in the connector so I soldered it. Well now my airbag light is on. Does anyone know how to reset the SRS light. Researching this they say to find the yellow connector in the fuse box and short the terminals with a paperclip. Problem is I do not see a yellow connector at the fuse box on the drivers side fuse panel under the dash. Can anyone help me. Also, just a note the horn still isn't working- fuse ,horn and relay are good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Disconnect battery for 5minutes.
#3 Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
tried that already but will try again. thanks
#4 Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
tried again light still stays on. need to short the connector, just need to know where to locate it at. it could be possible that the clock spring is faulty since my horn no longer works. if anyone has an answer i would appreciate it. i am a former toyota tech however i was never taught how to reset the srs system
#5 Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodd5 View Post
tried again light still stays on. need to short the connector, just need to know where to locate it at. it could be possible that the clock spring is faulty since my horn no longer works. if anyone has an answer i would appreciate it. i am a former toyota tech however i was never taught how to reset the srs system

If you have no emotional attachment to the car, sell it (letting the buyer know the issue) and get something else. Barring that you could get one of those clown horns and rig it up to the outside rear view mirror with the control for it inside and use that as your horn, It may be silly, but it might just work.
#6 Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
i have no intention of selling it at this time. I don't give up when there is a problem. I will get this cleared. The car may be old but it runs great, Never had a major problem.. Serious replies only, Please
#7 Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodd5 View Post
i have no intention of selling it at this time. I don't give up when there is a problem. I will get this cleared. The car may be old but it runs great, Never had a major problem.. Serious replies only, Please

That was a serious reply. You asked for help, and that is what I was trying to do. Sorry if you felt it came off as harsh, If you have not already you might want to see if you can locate a Toyota authored (not Chilton's or Haynes) service manual. There will be information/suggestions on how to get the SRS light off and maybe fix the horn as well. Knowing Toyota, the manual will be split up into 2 parts, Body and Mechanical.

There just happens to be service manual(s) on E-bay, now, though they may be pricy depending on what you want to spend.
#8 Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Just play along....

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Serious answer- Get it scanned to find out what the computer thinks is wrong.

From your description I think you have a messed up clockspring.

-SP
#9 Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
New TN User

Hello. I had a similar problem with my '97 Corolla. The airbag light just appeared suddenly for no reason. If it's only the fact that the light is on that bothers you(and not the underlying issue that could be causing it), I can offer you a simple solution that worked for me. Unscrew the dashboard and just pull out the airbag indicator light out.

Mind you, this will, obviously, not fix any problem there might be(or might not be) with the actual airbag.
#10 Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
96 Toyota Corolla

Re: SRS Light

Shorting out any yellow connectors will more than likely cause airbag deployment. The correct way to reset it is on this page

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/801395...dan-4d/page-7/

That's gold94corollas cardomain. All credit goes to him.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

88-02 corolla parts for sale!
intermittent wipers, red stitched leather steering wheel, gauge faces, short shifter, and more!
#11 Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
New TN User

My father has a problem like you but not the airbag. I don't remind well but my father was solving a problem in the steering wheel(not in relation with the airbag). But he had a emergency call soo he drove the car without the cover of the steering wheel and without reconnecting the plug of the airbag if I remember well. After he started the engine the light come on but he had no time to complain. After the emergency call resolved, he reconnect the airbag plug and finish to repair the main problem. But even after he replugs the terminal the light stay on. Soo after reflexion(my father is a mechanic), he changed the airbag module situate under the armrest(a yellow box) and light shut off. He comes to the conclusion that you have to reconnect the airbag plug before you reconnect the battery(because of course you have to disconnected the battery before playing with electronic composant xD).

I think you try the horn without reconnecting the airb plug. And for you horn check if the conectors in the horn are not rusted in the front of you car.

PS:Sorry for my bad English lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 7th Generation (1993-1997)