Toyota Nation Forum banner

Aircondition issues

761 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bcredeur97 
#1 ·
I drive an EE111 Toyota Corolla 1.3 engine, Automatic Transmisson and I am having a problem with my ac... Read this... Sometimes when i put the car in either drive or reverse and turn on the ac hot air blows through the vents. When that happenes and i look in front at the compressor, the clutch is not spinning but the radiator fan and the condenser fan are spinning in sync...then when i put the car in neutral or park you can hear the clutch kick back on... Also sometimes while driving hot air comes through the vents then a lil while after cold air comes back through... Changed three relays and no change... then i went by a certified ac techician, he hooked up his gauges and the pressures were great and he said that the problem was with the idling of the engine... So i visited my mechanic and he hooked it up to a diagnostic computer and he said that he wasnt getting any codes also the car idle speed was fine so he still cleaning and serviced my throttle body and still the same problem... I live in a Trinidad, West Indies and the sun is really hot down here right now... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Perhaps the A/C belt is loose? Another possible problem is the compressor clutch has worn out and doesn't always engage or it slips. Does the engine idle properly and at about 700rpm?

#3 ·
Thanks for the response but my ee111 corolla doesnt have a tachometer but when it was jacked into the diagnostic computer the technician said that it was idling properly as it should... Yes i also changed the belts and it was tensioned properly

#6 ·
I've heard of the clutches going bad on these cars. But usually when the A/C fails it will make the A/C light on the button in the car flash. At least mine did. But mine was due to the serpentine belt slipping and it only happened every once in a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.