Toyota Nation Forum banner

Is the 99 VE is prewired for power window, dash clock, power mirrors, etc?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  G_gazoo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anybody know if the 99 VE is prewired for goodies (power window, dash clock, power mirrors?)

If so has anyone done this conversion?

#2 ·
The dash clock should be pre wired. Easy to check just put your hand at the bottom of the plastic cover where the radio is you can feel two little notches just pry up to the rearview mirror comes off easy and u can see what wires are there.

As for power mirrors just remove the plastic door covers its fairly easy. Heres a diy video not my work but shows the window crank removal that will fly away when removed and only turn up after you have got a replacement from the store.

Doubt you have prewired power windows but the mirrors could be taped up top near the mirrors.

Good luck

#3 ·
The dash clock should be pre wired. Easy to check just put your hand at the bottom of the plastic cover where the radio is you can feel two little notches just pry up to the rearview mirror comes off easy and u can see what wires are there.

As for power mirrors just remove the plastic door covers its fairly easy. Heres a diy video not my work but shows the window crank removal that will fly away when removed and only turn up after you have got a replacement from the store.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4tg-5vCLkS8

Doubt you have prewired power windows but the mirrors could be taped up top near the mirrors.

Good luck
Great thank you, my 7th gen had all of this. I'll buy a replacement window handle before I attempt this.

#4 ·
DO NOT BUY A WINDOW CRANK. Thats not the part that goes flying its the little metal horseshoe that will dissapear. You can buy a large pack for a dollar at any car shop and maybe you will get lucky and find it after you pry it off. Also your crank still works without the horseshoe pin it the crank will just fall off when you corner (done many many many times) its not something you need to buy but i have really bad luck when it comes to those stupid horseshoe pins. There is a tool designed to remove them easily but the pins are so cheap id have to lose many of them to justify the price of the tool.

Good luck.

#6 · (Edited)
Adding 60/40 seats has been done many times by many different owners. You will find lots of info online to walk you through the job. Here is just one example

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...rear-seat-swap-solid-bench-split-folding.html

Its not plug and play you have to do a little drilling and i think the hard part is finding the donor car that matches but it is nice to have folding seats. I did not have to do this mod btw so i have no hands on advice.

#7 ·
I converted my 01 CE to power doors and mirrors, NOTHING was prewired... Physically installing the parts (regulators, etc.) was the easy step, running the wires is the tedious and time consuming part... I actually gutted the wiring from behind the dash of a junk yard car and transferred it over.

The rear seat swap, although not a direct drop and bolt in, is much easier; did that to my 01 as well :D

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...rear-seat-swap-solid-bench-split-folding.html

#8 ·
General question to whoever can help, I remember seeing a diagram somewhere on here but I can't seem to find it?

How to disable DRLs

Removed relay but headlamps wouldn't work, so that's definitely not it.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.