Toyota Nation Forum banner

6spd trans fluid?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  circuitsmith 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just bought an 03 Vibe GT. 97k miles.

I'm thinking about Amsoil MTG (75/90)

I've run Redline MT90 in my toyota manual transmissions before and have been satisfied. However, I've heard great things about the Amsoil fluids.

Tried both? Tell me what you think!

#2 ·
You are good either way. I think you will find there are lot more users of the MT90 since it is probably a bit easier to get online.

#5 ·
I ran on a cocktail of MT-90 and Synchromesh that worked fine. Even Royal Purple was good. Are you currently having problems...slippage or grinding?

#6 ·
I wasn't having problems, but I like to change it when I buy a new to me car. I ran the amsoil for 5k miles and didn't notice any improvement. Put redline MT90 in and it was the improvement I have always had when using this fluid. No more will I be curious, redline is the way to go!

#7 ·
I'm running the MT90 Syncromesh cocktail in my C59. Pretty happy with it now and I'm hopping it is going to be much more cold weather friendly than straight MT90.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.