Toyota Nation Forum banner

2008 Corolla LE maintenance schedule

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rolla2004 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I thought I'd post my maintenance schedule (I also made an excel maintenance tracking sheet but can't attach it). 2008 Toyota Corolla LE

· Change oil (SAE 5W-30)
o every 5,000 miles or 6 months
· Rotate tires
· Visually inspect brake linings/drums and brake pads/discs
· Tighten drive shaft bolt
o every 15,000 miles or 1.5 years
· Replace cabin air filter
o every 20,000 miles or 2.5 years
· Replace engine air filter
o every 30,000 miles or 3 years
· Change brake fluid (SAE J1703 or FMVSS No.116 DOT 3)
o Every 30,000 miles or 3 years
· Change power steering fluid (automatic transmission fluid DEXRON 2 or DEXRON 3)
· Change automatic transmission fluid (Toyota Genuine ATF Type T-4, ATF JWS3309 or NWS6500)
· Replace engine coolant (Toyota Super Long Life Coolant, 50% coolant 50% pure water)
o every 100,000 miles or 10 years
· Replace spark plugs (DENSO SK16R11 or NGK IFR5A11 [gap 1.1 mm or 0.043 in])
o every 120,000 miles or 12 years
· Replace wiper blades
o every 6 months
· Wash inside thoroughly

o Every 6 months
· Wax car
o every 3 months (Sunday)
· Spare tire pressure (60 PSI)
o Every 2 months
· Tire pressure (pg. 292 owner’s manual - P195/65R15 89S – 30 PSI)
o Every month
· Wash floor mats, wipe down surfaces, Windex inside windows (rear view), and outside windows, vacuum inside
o Every Month
· Wash outside

o every week

My car has the Weather tech mats. I went based on the owner's manual, if you notice anything off lmk.

Also, does anyone think it would be ok to change the transmission, power steering, and brake fluid every 50,000 miles?

Thanks

See less See more
#6 ·
That's the very limit of conventional oil. Perhaps just over. And which drive shaft bolt do you tighten? Perhaps you just tighten the axle nut?
It's partially synthetic. Do you recommend I change it to 3,000?

that seems like a long time to go between wiper blades, I usually replace mine every 1-2 years.
It's set to every 6 months.

I would lower the coolant to around 6-8 years (60-80K). I would not change the p/s, transmission, and brake fluids at 50K, and would recommend you stay at the listed interval.

I would also add PCV valve change at 100K, rear brake clean, lube, and adjustment every 10-20K, and front brake cleaning and lubrication of slides, caliper brackets, and pad contact surfaces every 2-3 years and 20-30K.

Also check out this thread for more recommended fluids and parts (especially wipers, I get around 2 years out of my wipers):

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...a-matrix-pontiac-vibe-maintenance-thread.html

Check out this thread for helpful DIYs:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...lla-1st-gen-matrix-diy-forum-info-sticky.html

I'll change my coolant interval and keep my other fluids as listed.

I have a question regarding the transmission fluid. The appropriate way to replace the transmission fluid is to drain and fill, however I was told the tank holds 10-12 quarts, but draining and filling only replace 3-4 quarts. I was recommended by someone at a Toyota dealership to do a 'flush' that drains all the fluid. What are your recommendations? Of course I'd like to replace all of it. What are your suggestions?

Thank you.

#5 ·
I would lower the coolant to around 6-8 years (60-80K). I would not change the p/s, transmission, and brake fluids at 50K, and would recommend you stay at the listed interval.

I would also add PCV valve change at 100K, rear brake clean, lube, and adjustment every 10-20K, and front brake cleaning and lubrication of slides, caliper brackets, and pad contact surfaces every 2-3 years and 20-30K.

Also check out this thread for more recommended fluids and parts (especially wipers, I get around 2 years out of my wipers):

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...a-matrix-pontiac-vibe-maintenance-thread.html

Check out this thread for helpful DIYs:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...lla-1st-gen-matrix-diy-forum-info-sticky.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.