Toyota Nation Forum banner

Metal pieces poking out of drivers seat

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  mariethefoxy 
#1 ·
For a while now I have noticed metal pieces poking out of my drivers seat. It originalyl was one piece, I stitched up the hole but now more pieces are poking thru elsewhere. Anyone know why this happens and is there any way to fix this without having to buy a whole new drivers seat

the holes are where the metal pieces poke thru when someone sits down.

See less See more
#9 ·
If it's not bothering you, I would leave it be. If it is, i would look for another seat. If you remove the ODS from your seat and then swap it into the new one, you would not need to recalibrate ($125) at Toyota. Also when you remove it you should pressure wash it throughly and allow it to dry 110% in the sun. I had to have mine recalibrated when my brother was jumping around in my passenger seat.

#10 ·
It doesn't bother me as long as the seat itself isn't going to completely get destroyed. I tried to sew up the holes and i can easily just keep doing that when I have time.

The metal does poke out when someone sits in the driver's seat. I don't often have passengers or carry a lot of stuff in the backseat.

#11 ·
I replaced my 2003 CE seat back around 90K miles, the frame was broken. Not sure if it's the series or what, but yeah, the front seats broke in an unusual way. I got a LE seat with only around 20K miles on it for $140 delivered. There are aftermarket seats, but I always feel that they sit wrong. It's your call, but that seat is broken!

#12 ·
Did your seat look like mine when you replaced it? My car is a 2007 model with 85K miles. Frankly it doesnt affect me sitting on it. Plus its not like I'm that heavy of a girl, (I'm 5' 10 and 225lbs) so its not like my weight is damaging the seats as I'm average size.

As long as the seat isn't in danger of completely falling apart while I'm driving or something, which could cause an accident; I plan to keep it as is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.